Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

N96FY Transmitter Cover.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
billythebrick
Weather Station: N96fy
Operating System: windows xp

N96FY Transmitter Cover.

Post by billythebrick »

Can anyone give us a company or can supply us New or Used the fluted cover which goes over the outside transmitter.

Thank in advance for any help.
JandJCoops
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: N96FY Transmitter Cover.

Post by JandJCoops »

Hi billythebrick,

We have a transmitter cover for a WS3083 but I have had a look at the N96FY transmitter and it looks identical to ours so hopefully the cover we have spare should fit. It is spare as we had to buy a new transmitter and it came with it.

Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you with our compliments. Maybe someone can confirm that it will fit your transmitter?

Jen
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, I believe the WH-3083 cover will fit fine. But I think it has a hole in the top for the cable to pass through to the solar Pod? Not really a problem, I found a water bottle plastic cap that fitted perfectly, but there must be plenty of other solutions.

That said, the performance of all those Fine Offset screens in direct sunlight is very poor (I've measured around 5 degrees C rise above ambient air temperature) so it needs to be located in a "shaded" position, or a better "Stevenson Screen" design would be preferable.

Cheers, Alan.
JandJCoops
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by JandJCoops »

Thanks Allycat, there's no hole in the top of ours but yours is a good idea if there would have been.

Jen
billythebrick
Weather Station: N96fy
Operating System: windows xp

Post by billythebrick »

Thank you for offer and help. We have found a supplier who sells on Fleabay so have one on it's way so going to fasten this one on with cable ties so it won't blow off.

We sometimes loose the outside display and think having no cover is the problem as when its fine it displays, but if damp we loose it.