Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather on the wall, or my wBox :)

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

Smarmen
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Weather on the wall, or my wBox :)

Post by Smarmen »

bthoven wrote: Thank you very much. It's really nice. Could you help do the same for the H version that have indoor temp/humidity? It would also be nice to have indoortemp/humidity for this V version. If I may ask. :)
Hi Chote
You already know enough to do it yourself :) You go well, you have changed the colors and description.
Please note that the templates should match the display. If you have an unused space, place the elements accordingly.
Enjoy :D
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

bthoven wrote: OK, I know why now, because I changed $lang from "pl" to "en" in yrnoSettings file; so it returned weather status values in English text, and yrnoGenerIcoHtml can't match the English status. When I change it back to pl, it works.
grwkak wrote: I did note that if you use inches for rain in yrnosettings.php then it fails to load forecast icons. I am using imperial units - all the others seem to work fine except rain!
Hi
I've fixed the problems - you have to replace two files: yrnoSettings.php and yrnoGenerIcoHtml.php
Then you have to adjust the settings in yrnoSettings.php
Download: http://andreovia.pl/weather/doc/wBox-patch01.zip

Grwkak, one problem: where is windrose on Your wBox ? Have you made a file realmore.txt ?
And suggestion: You have to round the pressure to two decimal places.

:)
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue

Post by grwkak »

That works. Thank you!

I have made the realmore.txt file - its processed and uploaded by Cumulus MX

Not sure what you are asking about the windrose?

Yes - the pressure is 3dp - will adjust later. Right now I am looking at trends in pressure - the js file uses hpa I think which I have converted to inHg for the criteria to display the rising/falling icons.

Guy
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

grwkak wrote: Not sure what you are asking about the windrose?
"It never rains in southern California"... and never blows in Hambden ? :mrgreen:
Your wind speed = 0, wind run = 0, wind rose not exist.
Yes - the pressure is 3dp - will adjust later. Right now I am looking at trends in pressure - the js file uses hpa I think which I have converted to inHg for the criteria to display the rising/falling icons.
You go in the right direction, you read my thoughts :clap:
Procedure: Icons rapidly pressure changes within two days
wBox.js, row 172 to 226
Pay attention to the:
Math.round - redo 2dp or 3dp if necessary
and row 195: var Pign = 8; convert the value 8 [hPa] to [inHg] and replace it

Look to my [PL] comments in each line - use "uncle Google" translator :)
Last edited by Smarmen on Fri 29 Dec 2017 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
grwkak

Post by grwkak »

Its absolutely still today - when the wind blows the values do show up and they correspond to what Cumulus displays.

Guy
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

OK :)
bthoven
Weather Station: WH24+Ecowitt GW1000/Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10/11/Debian/Ubuntu

Post by bthoven »

Hi Chris,
My systems do not produce realmore.txt file. How will it affect the display dashboard?
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

bthoven wrote:My systems do not produce realmore.txt file. How will it affect the display dashboard?
Hi Chote :)
I see your data, so whats the problem?
WHAT system? If Cumulus is impossible.
You create a template realmoreT.txt, configure Cumulus and it work - see the documentation.

Another issue:
See post https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 30#p128074
Replace files and adjust settings: language EN, address, description etc.
Last edited by Smarmen on Fri 29 Dec 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

grwkak wrote: Yes - the pressure is 3dp - will adjust later. Right now I am looking at trends in pressure - the js file uses hpa I think which I have converted to inHg for the criteria to display the rising/falling icons.
...continued
Procedure: Icons average rate of pressure change over the last three hours (rising, stable or falling)
wBox.js, row 87 to 95

Code: Select all

if (RPpT  >= 6.0) 				     {	$('#tPpA').show();	}	// show _iPtrendA.png -- trend >= 6.0
else if (RPpT > 3.5 && RPpT < 6.0)		{	$('#tPpB').show();	}	// show _iPtrendB.png -- trend > 3.5 & < 6.0
else if (RPpT > 1.5 && RPpT <= 3.5) 	 {	$('#tPpC').show();	}	// show _iPtrendC.png -- trend > 1.5 & <= 3.5
else if (RPpT > 0.2 && RPpT <= 1.5) 	 {	$('#tPpD').show();	}	// show _iPtrendD.png -- trend > 0.2 & <= 1.5
else if (RPpT >= -0.2 && RPpT <= 0.2)	{	$('#tPpE').show();	}	// show _iPtrendE.png -- trend >= -0.2 & <= 0.2
else if (RPpT < -0.2 && RPpT >= -1.5)	{	$('#tPpF').show();	}	// show _iPtrendF.png -- trend < -0.2 & >= -1.5
else if (RPpT < -1.5 && RPpT >= -3.5)	{	$('#tPpG').show();	}	// show _iPtrendG.png -- trend < -1.5 & >= -3.5
else if (RPpT < -3.5 && RPpT > -6.0)	 {	$('#tPpH').show();	}	// show _iPtrendH.png -- trend < -3.5 & > -6.0
else if (RPpT <= -6.0)		
All values [hPa] must be convert to [inHg]
grwkak

Post by grwkak »

Already converted to:

// TRENDY ZAMIAN CIsNIENIA

$('.tPrs').hide(); // ukryj elementy class='PTT' - ikony trendu i wartosc <#presstrendval>

var RPpT = dataRT[18] * 1; // zmienna wartosci trendu

if (RPpT >= 0.177) { $('#tPpA').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendA.png -- trend >= 0.177

else if (RPpT > 0.103 && RPpT < 0.177) { $('#tPpB').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendB.png -- trend > 0.103 & < 0.177

else if (RPpT > 0.044 && RPpT <= 0.103) { $('#tPpC').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendC.png -- trend > 0.044 & <= 0.103

else if (RPpT > 0.006 && RPpT <= 0.044) { $('#tPpD').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendD.png -- trend > 0.006 & <= 0.044

else if (RPpT >= -0.006 && RPpT <= 0.006) { $('#tPpE').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendE.png -- trend >= -0.006 & <= 0.006

else if (RPpT < -0.006 && RPpT >= -0.044) { $('#tPpF').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendF.png -- trend < -0.006 & >= -0.044

else if (RPpT < -0.044 && RPpT >= -0.103) { $('#tPpG').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendG.png -- trend < -0.044 & >= -0.103

else if (RPpT < -0.103 && RPpT > -0.177) { $('#tPpH').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendH.png -- trend < -0.103 & > -0.177

else if (RPpT <= -0.177) { $('#tPpI').show(); } // pokaz _iPtrendI.png --

This works - figuring out the longer term trend icon display. All I get is the "=" indicating stable. Edit - found the code and removed the Math.round statement for the calculations - that works.

So how do I display 2 or 3 dps - tried using the .toprecision and parsefloat - since I know no scripting and am relying on Google, neither seemed to work.

Guy
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

grwkak wrote:how do I display 2 or 3 dps
JavaScript syntax

Output_Variable_Name.toFixed(no_of_dps);
e.g.

var one_share = 2875.12345;
alert (one_share.toFixed(2);
will throw up a screen displaying 2875.12
bthoven
Weather Station: WH24+Ecowitt GW1000/Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10/11/Debian/Ubuntu

Post by bthoven »

Smarmen wrote:
bthoven wrote: Thank you very much. It's really nice. Could you help do the same for the H version that have indoor temp/humidity? It would also be nice to have indoortemp/humidity for this V version. If I may ask. :)
Hi Chote
You already know enough to do it yourself :) You go well, you have changed the colors and description.
Please note that the templates should match the display. If you have an unused space, place the elements accordingly.
Enjoy :D
Hi Chris,

Thanks. Adding indoor temp/humidity.
wBoxVcamHome.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

grwkak wrote:All I get is the "=" indicating stable. Edit - found the code and removed the Math.round statement for the calculations - that works.
I am not sure if I understand correctly.
In the procedure you describe are other icons (dashes or stairs) next to the HL (High / Low) pressure icon
There is no = symbol there
xxx1.png
This symbol appears in the procedure described in the post https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16398&
xxx2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Smarmen on Fri 29 Dec 2017 5:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Smarmen

Post by Smarmen »

bthoven wrote:Hi Chris,
Thanks. Adding indoor temp/humidity.
Great Chote :)
grwkak

Post by grwkak »

Smarmen wrote:
grwkak wrote:All I get is the "=" indicating stable. Edit - found the code and removed the Math.round statement for the calculations - that works.
I am not sure if I understand correctly.
In the procedure you describe are other icons (dashes or stairs) next to the HL (High / Low) pressure icon
There is no = symbol there
xxx1.png

This symbol appears in the procedure described in the post https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16398&
xxx2.png
Sorry for the confusion - I was working on the first (dashes or stairs) - got those to work and now looking at the longer term pressure trend icon.

Both work now, also thanks to guidance from swfs on rounding decimals.

Oh, and the wind is working again. It was calm - so snow built up on my Davis unit and stopped the anemometer from rotating. When the wind started again I noticed zero readings - so went out and fixed it. At 15F that's cold!

Running this on a Winbook TW700 tablet - Win 10.

Guy