Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Unresponsive

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 with Solar
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Unresponsive

Post by Altocumulus »

Hi All.....

Just (finally) started making plans to upload data to a webpage. During this process I have set Cumulus up to copy relevant files through to a directory on the same PC.
Coincidentally I've started to notice the Cumulus Title change with an unresponsive error added. Is this a consequence of the processing being done to create relevant pages for a web upload? The unresponsiveness lasts for no longer than 5 seconds with the window shifting slightly when control re-established by Cumulus.

I am using standard images, and tags, onto my own template. Template starts as a txt file, renaming as php. (I use php to change CSS colours on negative temperatures, also a conversion of C to F for us 'older' folk :D)

Geoff
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Unresponsive

Post by sfws »

Yes, the various processes in Cumulus 1 updating lots of images and then Copying them (or file transferring them) can make the main screen show that it is unresponsive. Based on my limited understanding of how Cumulus works, many of the default settings (e.g. use of 'realtime' updating) can involve several potentially simultaneous 'threads' that Steve uses for handling the various processes running in the background.
Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 with Solar
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: Unresponsive

Post by Altocumulus »

Thanks.
After switching off the process for web site part, there's no longer any non-responsive errors.
I did wonder if it was something else, but glad to see it confirmed as not just me!