IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

FTP is broken. I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

NWS Forecast with icons

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

NWS Forecast with icons

Postby ronwright418 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:03 pm

A few days ago my NWS Forecast link stopped working. After some checking I replaced the advforecast2.php file (version 4.01) with version 4.03 from the Saratoga-Weather.org website in hopes that non-https would be the culprit. It doesn't seem to run either. Now I don't even get the force update prompt. I think it should have run just using the CAZ513 Zone and associated filename, but I changed both with no joy. Am I missing something?
- Thanks, Ron
Ron Wright (ronwright418)

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: NWS Forecast with icons

Postby saratogaWX » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:09 pm

On your website, your advforecast2.php is Version 4.01 - 07-Jul-2015 -- versions below V4.03 (current) will not work anymore as the NWS has changed www.weather.gov and forecast.weather.gov to be HTTPS only and only V4.03/V5.04 can use HTTPS.

Update your script and it should work again for you.

ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Re: NWS Forecast with icons

Postby ronwright418 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks for your reply and for all the work that keeps things current. I had changed to version 4.03 - 27-Feb-2018, and changed the ZONE and point-forecast-URL. However, ZONE CAZ513 kept showing up. I also found that the point-forecast-URL had changed so of course I had to make that change. It seems I had to put my ZONE|Location|point forecast-URL at the top of the array so it would default to that.

Seems to be working now. Thanks again :!: :!:
Ron Wright (ronwright418)

Return to “General”