Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Station - Cumulus not reading?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Cambium
Weather Station: ProWeatherTP3000
Operating System: Windows10

New Station - Cumulus not reading?

Post by Cambium »

Hate to be one of those but I searched through the FAQs and a whole bunch of threads I didn't see help with this simple problem. (I think its simple)

Got a new Station (http://tycononline.com/search.asp?keywo ... WC&search=). Pretty much same company as before but with a Light sensor.

Plugged in the monitor and Cumulus isn't reading. I tried all station types and it doesn't pick it up. I tried restarting each time, nothing.

The Error I get is "5/4/2018 2:59:41 PM : Fine Offset station not found! - check connections and restart Cumulus"

Do I need to install the software the station came with?

Cambium

Re: New Station - Cumulus not reading?

Post by Cambium »

BTW - I have Cumulus Version 1.9.4 Build 1099
Windows 10
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That station doesn’t work with Cumulus. It’s listed under “Unsupported devices” - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Supported_Devices
Steve
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

steve wrote:That station doesn’t work with Cumulus. It’s listed under “Unsupported devices” - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Supported_Devices
Well that would explain it...and sucks too.. Before I go returning this thing.. I'm willing to donate something if its possible to get it supported? Or would that be impossible and take up too much of your time? Thanks Steve! Send me a PM if you want.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Unlikely in the near future. I was actually in discussion with Tycon quite some time ago about adding support. They sent me some information about the protocol, which wasn’t actually any use. I told them what I needed, and they said they would get back to me. I heard nothing for a long time, and then they started telling their users who asked about support in Cumulus that they had sent me a station and all the necessary documentation, and I had refused to add support. Total lies. After that, I’m disinclined to have anything to do with them.
Steve
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

steve wrote:Unlikely in the near future. I was actually in discussion with Tycon quite some time ago about adding support. They sent me some information about the protocol, which wasn’t actually any use. I told them what I needed, and they said they would get back to me. I heard nothing for a long time, and then they started telling their users who asked about support in Cumulus that they had sent me a station and all the necessary documentation, and I had refused to add support. Total lies. After that, I’m disinclined to have anything to do with them.
Oh man, that wasnt cool on their end. I sent an email to the rep that helped me last fall to see if I can return the product plus wanted to see the differences vs previous one. I did mention this new one didnt work with Cumulus. I might have to bite the bullet on this and step up to better brand.. Cumulus is more important to me. I'll let you know if he says anything helpful.
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

Will I be able to simply transfer the data of the new Fine Offset/EasyWeather data into Cumulus? I guess I'll have to find a way to convert it into txt format and make sure the header columns are the same?

This is how the new data exports with this TP2700WC. .

Cambium

Post by Cambium »

Forget it. Too much work and columns don't match.
steve wrote:That station doesn’t work with Cumulus. It’s listed under “Unsupported devices” - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Supported_Devices
So I finally got a chance to look through the list. Aside from the $300-500 Davis ones, many of them are old like pre 2013.
Some are discontinued like the Ambient Weather WS-1080 & WS-2080 and also the Oregon WMR-928. (You might want to update that site?)
Many are from the UK like: WH3080/WH3081/WH3083, WeatherEye WEA22, WH1080PC & W8681

This stinks. Looking for a $100-200 U.S station that will work with Cumulus and its become harder to find now. :-(