IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
dannyllama
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: W7 64

Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Postby dannyllama » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 am

Hi everyone

My WH1080 weather station was damaged, and so I replaced it with a cheaper Acurite 5 in 1 (new for $60)! I know that it doens't have a PC/USB interface, but I am able to receive its data using an SDR radio (RTL-SDR v3 and RTL_433). From the RTL_433 app I am able to get a JSON file containing the sensor readings. Is it possible to import this JSON into Cumulus MX, and read in the values? I am not a developer, so scripting would be an issue for me.

Thanks in advance.

Steepleian
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9

Re: Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Postby Steepleian » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 am

dannyllama wrote:Hi everyone

My WH1080 weather station was damaged, and so I replaced it with a cheaper Acurite 5 in 1 (new for $60)! I know that it doens't have a PC/USB interface, but I am able to receive its data using an SDR radio (RTL-SDR v3 and RTL_433). From the RTL_433 app I am able to get a JSON file containing the sensor readings. Is it possible to import this JSON into Cumulus MX, and read in the values? I am not a developer, so scripting would be an issue for me.

Thanks in advance.

Can you let us see a sample of the json file please.

Return to “Cumulus MX”