Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX and Ecowitt

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Nevizio
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific wmr-200
Operating System: Windows 10 - Android

MX and Ecowitt

Post by Nevizio »

The question is how does MX keep the data recorded by the gw-1000 while the pc was turned off? This gatewy doesn't have the dataloger my fear is that MX keeps the data recorded by the sensors only when the pc is access. incomplete data recorded by the weather station, but perhaps there is a way to recall them when turning on MX (from an eventual cloud service for example?)

Another question:

If you go to replace the existing weather station with a new one (with an ecowitt for example) will all the data recorded by the old one remain in memory?
I mean the change in the weather station that will be done in the settings does not involve a new data history associated with it or does the data result from those of the previous weather station?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: MX and Ecowitt

Post by mcrossley »

The GW1000 does not store logged data, so all software that accesses it has to run 24x7 if possible.

Same if your internet is down I believe - the Ecowitt server/WU etc. will not be updated for the duration of the outage.

If you change your weather station, just change the required settings in Cumulus, none of your past data will be lost.
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

Well, I understand! Unfortunately the ecowitt needs a PC that is always on, so, as I imagined, I believe that it is a complete and reliable detection system, too bad that it does not have a datalogger, I hope that they will implement it in its sensors
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Yes a data logger would be nice. But it doesn't have to be a PC running 24x7, a Raspberry Pi is the size of a credit card and costs pennies a year to run even when left on 24 hours a day.
Nevizio

Post by Nevizio »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 14 Dec 2019 8:46 pm Yes a data logger would be nice. But it doesn't have to be a PC running 24x7, a Raspberry Pi is the size of a credit card and costs pennies a year to run even when left on 24 hours a day.

It is a solution to which I am referring to, but my knowledge of raspberry is 0, however I found many guides here on the forum, I will see that I read up on the subject ....
TechnoDribble
Weather Station: Maplin /FO; Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Win 10 / Pi

Post by TechnoDribble »

Only the GW1000 device does not log and store the data from the various sensors.
If you purchase one of the display consoles these often do log and store.
For instance the HP2551/2/3 display consoles have a microSD card slot and record all the data onto that in CSV file format if you require.

The intention of the GW1000 is purely to act as a receiver gateway for the sensor data. It uploads what it receives to the Internet and local software such as CumulusMX