Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

b3182

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: b3182

Post by mcrossley »

Regarding Dewpoint, I think the problem may possibly be the opposite, CMX *is* calculating it, but with no data it is giving the answer as zero. It should really flatline like the other values - I'll check that.

Regarding rebooting, I can look into this. Obviously it would have to be optional.
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans and Mark

I have just replicated the error on reboot startup with the debug mode switched on and the log files are attached.

The initial stop and reboot has the ServiceCosoleLog OLD and 104441log file

The second stop CMX and start CMX has the ServiceconsoleLog and 104828 log file.

All the stop start actions are with the systemctl process.

You can see that the faulty logs are very sparse in information and previously CMX always restarted after a reboot. Looking at the systemctl process it seems to have changed so I expect I will have to sort it out locally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Andy,

That is really odd, it stops mid-way through reading the cumulus.ini file. The next message in your log should be "Reading Cumulus.ini file completed"

There is nothing in that process that I could see that would hang.

Is the CMX process still running after the logs stop, or has it been killed?
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Mark

I just re stopped CMX and ran a reboot and checked the CMX admin site, it was completely dead. The log file again stopped at the 334kb load level as per the previous test.

I tried to just restart CMX but no movement, then again ran the stop command followed by the start command and all runs happily.

So there seems to be some residual activity in CMX after a reboot but before the stop command. Strange!
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

If you have a GUI on your rPi you could run htop and see if the process is still listed.

Otherwise from the command line you could use > ps aux | grep -i CumulusMX
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Mark

I just stopped CMX and rebooted the RPI and a check on HTOP showed that none of the CMX apps were working, I had CUtils trying in vain to find CMX and all the usual RPI software running.

On stop and start CMX HTOP showed CMX apps working just fine.

Is this really a problem/bug in your normal magic software?
NigelG
Weather Station: Froggit WH3000SE + DP1500
Operating System: Raspberry PI prebuilt image

Post by NigelG »

With regard to the new RPI image (Raspberry Pi Image for Cumulus MX 3.16.0), I can report that it works on Raspberry Pi model 3 as indicated. However, CumulusMX fails to start if the image is loaded onto a Raspberry Pi Zero W (original version) as shown below. I acknowledge the comment on the software release page that the image may not work on all models.
CMX_Failure.PNG
Is there a link to the previous RPi mage as I haven't been able to find one.

NigelG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NigelG
NigelG
Weather Station: Froggit WH3000SE + DP1500
Operating System: Raspberry PI prebuilt image

Post by NigelG »

Just found the link to the previous RPi version.
NigelG
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

On the old pi zero I think you will have to uninstall mono-complete, then install it again. It will take a looooong time to install on the original pi zero.

sudo apt remove mono-complete
sudo apt install mono-complete
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

HansR wrote: Sun 01 May 2022 9:42 am but still think an automatic reboot originated by CMX might solve this type of problems.
@Mark: If so, then only as an option !!
@HansR: In your personal setup that may be OK - others (like myself) may have also other applications connected to the gateway and an unexpected reboot might cause other issues. I would not want CMX to issue a reboot without me explicitly wanting this. :evil:
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Well, that's OK if it is an option isn't it?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
dane
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700
Operating System: Win10 Ult., 64-bit, RaspberryPi

Post by dane »

On my old RPi Mono Install does a lot of recompiling. Cause given: LLVM disabled due to missing SSE4.1...
Maybe the reason why the precompiled CumulusMX package fails on older RPis?
Ib
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

And, by the way, so far no issues noticed.
3182 is running with the GW1000 API without any issues so far and without a GW1000 reboot. For the GW2000 + WS90 + WH40 and for two other GW1000 (one still on Firmware 1.6.8 and the other on 1.7.2).

Just another question regarding a phenomenon I already observed earlier, so it's not a 3182 (only) affair.

I own a Blake-Larsen SunRecorder and CMX picks up its readings. The sun hours are not reported into the Ecowitt cloud.
However, on a backfill from the Ecowitt cloud at startup, somehow sun hours appear in the log files which do not match the SR reading. Usually these new values are higher values than the B-L SR readings for the day and minute entries concerned (I can tell from my CMX backup installation and from the SR logs). I assume that CMX does some sun hour calculation when creating the month log entries. Could this be suspended with a switch - or automatically when the B-L SR is registered to CMX ?
Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Post by Buford T. Justice »

My logs after a refresh install of 3182.

EDIT: If I turn off Auto Discovery for the Ecowitt, enter the GW1000's IP address, and clear out the MAC address under "Ecowitt Local API Settings", it works.
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

Buford T. Justice wrote: Sun 01 May 2022 7:15 pm My logs after a refresh install of 3182.

EDIT: If I turn off Auto Discovery for the Ecowitt, enter the GW1000's IP address, and clear out the MAC address under "Ecowitt Local API Settings", it works.
does it also work when you only switch off the autodiscovery and enter the GW1000 IP address but leave the MAC address in the Ecowitt Local API settings ?
Or does it have to be all three in order to work (which would astonish me as mine works and the backfill is done - without a MAC there the backfill wouldn't work )