Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi Folks

New upgrade to the AI is now available - it includes the new 'Custom Logs' feature developed by Mark for build 3211 and also corrects some issues in the mobile menu.
ai-cmx b3211.zip
For those installing for the first time there's a readme file to help.

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

I have only just installed your updated set of files, skipping any in-between downloads made available since the last time I posted in this topic.

The majority of releases of MX include far more changes than are specifically mentioned in the release announcements, so anybody trying to keep up to date with all the changes will struggle. Therefore I am not surprised you have not tracked all the MX standard interface file edits in your alternative interface. For example there were in MX 3.20.1 - b3203 released 29 Aug 2022 a number of updates to JavaScript files that you have missed, the revised scripts are most easily available from Mark's post at viewtopic.php?p=165845#p165845, although feel free to wade through the entire MX latest release package! Essentially these declare the highest 24 hour rainfall values in the various editors as editable (as my later post in that topic explains).

The latest build from Mark has another change (in ajax section) in the embedded JavaScript for noaayearreport.html that you may wish to implement in your noaayearreports.js file, although its impact only affects a minority of Cumulus users. Find the amended source most easily in Mark's post at viewtopic.php?p=166839#p166839, although again feel free to wade through the entire MX release download!
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

@sfws: When we're talking updates tracking on the code level, which Neil does, you should not be watching posts but you should be looking at the two github repositories containing the all code of which CMX consists: one for the core code of CumulusMX and one of the core code of all accompanying files for the release such as the interface files. The code changes show the actual changes to the system.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
sfws

Post by sfws »

sfws wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 7:36 am The majority of releases of MX include far more changes than are specifically mentioned in the release announcements, so anybody trying to keep up to date with all the changes will struggle. Therefore I am not surprised you have not tracked all the MX standard interface file edits in your alternative interface.
@HansR - were you responding to this general comment or to the specific comments for Neil?
The rest of my post was directed at, and written to be helpful to, Neil. It referenced 2 posts by Mark that will with minimum time expenditure by Neil let him see what has changed, so he can easily change his code. Whether Neil decides to look at those 2 posts or prefers a different approach is up to him.
HansR wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 8:12 am @sfws: When we're talking updates tracking on the code level, which Neil does, you should not be watching posts but you should be looking at the two github repositories containing the all code of which CMX consists: one for the core code of CumulusMX and one of the core code of all accompanying files for the release such as the interface files. The code changes show the actual changes to the system.
Did you mean that Neil should be tracking github changes because he needs to be tracking code changes? If so, why direct your reply specifically at me.

Why should I be told by you whether to watch public posts or not, likewise I can choose when I look at public github respositories.
How I choose to document/track changes that happen in MX is of no relevance to anybody else.

Your apparent claim of authority on these issues is not helped in that viewtopic.php?t=20777 suggested in that instance you chose to rely on what appears in "update.txt", which is usually even less informative.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Please folks

I do what I can. For the majority of the changes I make, the ONLY edits I do to Marks javascript is to make sure that any api calls reference the root domain - <localhost>:8998/. This also applies to alpaca forms which use resources in the json folder off the domain root. The only other change likely is again to alpaca pages that interrogate the css stylesheets - the first one loaded is for google fonts so I exclude this one from the search.

If I miss changes to other aspects of the js files then the changes should be able to be simply copied across. I am not a developer, have never been one however, if you find bits I have missed then just let me know.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
sfws

Post by sfws »

The other reply to my post, that is developer-oriented, (and my reply to that post as it was addressed to me) should be ignored by you and other readers.
NeilThomas wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 10:21 am If I miss changes to other aspects of the js files then the changes should be able to be simply copied across. I am not a developer, have never been one however, if you find bits I have missed then just let me know.
It is because I appreciate you are not a developer that I included those few introductory words indicating tracking MX development was not always easy. The rest of my earlier post was indeed simply indicating a few bits that you had missed, where the changes can indeed be simply copied across as mentioned in the quote from you included above.

The two posts I linked to previously, simply contain zips that have the files that have changed, and nothing more.

I suspect a good proportion of those who use your alternative interface, could look at the JavaScript files that are part of standard interface in the first linked post, could find the files with same names within your alternative interface, see which lines do match, and easily add the additional "editable" lines. These additional lines vary their content between the different script files, but in the thisyearrecseditor.js file, the 2 extra lines have the simplest content:

Code: Select all

$('#highRain24hVal').editable();
$('#highRain24hTime').editable();
In the case of the second post I linked to, it is again a simple case of making two bits of code match in two locations, but Mark embedded that bit of script in his HTML, you have (as mentioned in your "Readme" file) moved the embedded code out into a separate file. There is one block of several lines of code to replace in this case, it starts with the line that mentions "ajax".

There is another bit missing in the alarm section of the alternative dashboard. I deliberately did not mention it before because adding this missing bit is not a simple copy of code from one file to another. Anybody who wants to add this extra alarm to your dashboard index.html file, does not need to be a developer, does not even need to understand HTML coding, but does have to appreciate that the various "div" clauses in the standard and alternative interfaces are formatted differently, and that in the alternative interface file, all the subsequent alarms need order renumbering.
The 3.19.3 rewrite of MX added this one line of code to index.html in the standard interface:

<div style="display:inline-block"><span class="indicator" id="AlarmIsRaining"></span>&nbsp;Is&nbsp;raining</div>
Next comes part of code needed in alternative interface (here I have used a different shape for the extra alarm indicator), I have not included the subsequent lines that will also need renumbering:

<div class="led-block" style="order:4;"><div class="led obelisk" id="AlarmRain"></div>High Rainfall</div>
<div class="led-block" style="order:5;"><div class="led lozenge" id="AlarmIsRaining"></div>Non-zero rainfall rate</div>
<div class="led-block" style="order:6;"><div class="led obelisk" id="AlarmRainRate"></div>High Rain Rate</div>
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi All

Just to let you know that I am now back into full swing and making the required changes to the AI for the latest upgrades. This will include the added charts etc plus some improvements to the Logs pages. You will be able to scroll left without loosing the row number and date.

The Update should be available early next week.

Neil
Neil Thomas
andro700
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by andro700 »

Glad you are feeling better. Take Care.

Chuck
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

The latest AI configured to work with version 3.23.1 b3221 is now available on the Wiki and here.

I have introduced a new feature to the logs editors so that the line number, date and time columns are fixed and don't scroll sideways. This should make it easier to identify the correct rows when editing.
ai.cmx.zip
Let me know if its not OK. :bash:

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Hello Neil, tested most things and seems OK. Like the new feature it makes the editor(s) more useable giving you a point of reference for each line in the display.
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Following on from Marks release of CumulusMX build 3231 you will find the associated AI for this version below.

Please note that it includes a 'ReadMe' file which explains an issue that I have discovered relating to the Internet Settings ~ Web/Upload Site ~ Advanced Settings section. The AI won't open this specific section so if you need to adjust these advanced options you will need to use the default interface. This only applies to this specific section. I will be working on it over the coming days and will post a fix as soon as I have one.
ai.cmx b3231.zip
Neil.
Neil Thomas
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

Just a formatting issue I found on the 'This Period Highs and Lows' page. The degrees celcius symbol is wrapping down to the next line as per below.
Highs-Lows.jpg
If you change the class for each line to match the Rainfall classes then everything displays fine.

Current code

<h3>Temperatures</h3>
				<div class="w3-row ai-table-row w3-theme-l4-hvr">
				    <div class="w3-col m5 s9">Outdoor temperature</div>
				    <div class="w3-col l1 m2 s3"><span id="highTempValDayfile">--</span> &deg;<span class="unit-temp">--</span></div>
				    <div class="w3-col l6 m5 s12"><span id="highTempTimeDayfile" class="w3-right">--:--</span></div>
				</div>
Modified code

<h3>Temperatures</h3>
				<div class="w3-row ai-table-row w3-theme-l4-hvr">
				    <div class="w3-col m4 s8">Outdoor temperature</div>
				    <div class="w3-col m2 s4"><span id="highTempValDayfile">--</span> &deg;<span class="unit-temp">--</span></div>
				    <div class="w3-col m6 s11"><span id="highTempTimeDayfile" class="w3-right">--:--</span></div>
				</div>
New output
Highs-Lows1.jpg
Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi Trevor

It's always a tradeoff between the values column and the date. Sometimes the units spill on to the next line, other times its the date. I chose to leave it but an alternative is to simply change the styles:

/*	****	Global element styling		*/
html, body, p, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, li, td, th, label {
	font-family: 'cabin', sans-serif;
}

p, td, label  {font-size: 12px;}

h1 {font-size: 200%; font-weight: 700; }
h2 {font-size: 175%; font-weight: 700; }
h3 {font-size: 150%; font-weight: 600; }
Changing the font size adjusts every page and avoids editing the html. It also has a knock on effect on medium and small screens - it is just about impossible to get a combination that works for all screen sizes.
It's up to you.

Neil
Neil Thomas
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Thanks Neil for the feedback.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

I have taken on board the suggestions by Trevor and modified the relevant page. I have also reduced the font as I mentioned as an alternative. It doesn't solve the issue for all possible screen resolutions but nothing can.

While doing the above, I also noticed that the graphs were not using tabular tooltips anymore so I have updated them as well.

Please find the latest AI version below.
ai.cmx b3231b.zip
Neil.
Neil Thomas