Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trouble Uploading NOAA Reports

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Trouble Uploading NOAA Reports

Post by water01 »

Sorry but the Wiki is wrong. Firstly, the entry should FTPlogging and secondly the settings are 0(zero) is off and 1(one) is on.
David
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

Maybe that's from a previous release?

But yeah I have this in my config

IgnoreCertErrors=0
FTPlogging=1

still no dice with a log file though =( it used to log fine until I turned it off - how strange.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Nossie wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022 7:25 amstill no dice with a log file though =( it used to log fine until I turned it off - how strange.
Did you restart MX after changing the setting. I think that is a requirement.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Please use the program settings pages to set the logging on/off rather than directly editing Cumulus.ini, the scope for error is much less (like setting the wrong value, doing it whilst MX is running so it gets overwritten etc)
MuntyWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi/Windows 10

Post by MuntyWeather »

Hi Hans
While trying to load latest version of CUtils found that my CumulusMX file structure was corrupt in that the 'utils' directory was missing (?!) So corrected and now working again, but maps.txt seems to be missing.
Have a lot of sympathy with nossie, but my problem is slightly different. I've checked on IONOS and all the 2022 files are present, but when I put in year 2022, Oct and Nov are greyed out, however, when I put in year 2021 Oct and Nov show and moreover when I select Oct the report for Oct 2022 is comes up. :?
Regards Ted
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Hi Ted,
MuntyWeather wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022 9:18 am While trying to load latest version of CUtils found that my CumulusMX file structure was corrupt in that the 'utils' directory was missing (?!) So corrected and now working again, but maps.txt seems to be missing.
I have no comment on this because I can't see on your computer. Please post your last logfile.
If you can run CumulusUtils again I would advise to do:

Code: Select all

bin/cumulusutils.exe website
to make sure everything is up to date and in working order. The website must reflect the version of CUtils AND the date of the run in the footer.
MuntyWeather wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022 9:18 am Have a lot of sympathy with nossie, but my problem is slightly different. I've checked on IONOS and all the 2022 files are present, but when I put in year 2022, Oct and Nov are greyed out, however, when I put in year 2021 Oct and Nov show and moreover when I select Oct the report for Oct 2022 is comes up. :?
They are greyed out because you did (or do) not run CumulusUtils on a daily basis. A run will guarantee the update of data and menu's of the different reports. The greyout means the menu only goes until september and inhibits progressing to October, it requires the daily refresh run to update. There is no realtime check of which files are present on the server.

So in summary: for you it is not the transfer of the files which is a problem but the daily run of CumulusUtils which apparently stopped for some reason which I cannot determine. So check on the daily run which should be like:

bin/cumulusutils.exe thrifty website
Thrifty is optional but advised.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

@sfws: I removed your post. Since you can't be communicated to by PM or email I give the reason here: there is already too much confusion and your post did not change that. I would appreciate you refrain from posting in this forum.
Hans

MuntyWeather

Post by MuntyWeather »

Hi Hans
I think the mysterious file corruption I mentioned stopped it doing the daily run of Cutils. I use external program facility in CMX. Have just done Website run, logfile attached.

Thanks and regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Ted,

Aha... your problem may be greater than just these NOAA reports. While checking the NOAA context in the logfile (little info there, I'll change that) I check the resulting code on your server and that is OK, only the months disabled are indeed Oct, Nov, Dec while that should only be Dec.

This triggered me to look in the actual data using the YADR report and there I saw/see that the data acquisition apparently stopped on 12 September.

At the end of your logfile it shows a crash (recoverable) as it did before making the map. And that is where the problem lies.
It cannot make an SSL connection to make the map and later it cannot upload it to the server (intentional non-recoverable crash) so no updated files get uploaded to the server.

Most likely you reinstalled the RPi-OS at some point around September 12 and forgot to comply with NOTE 3 in the release post saying to do what is in this message (removing a disabled certificate). Don't ask why it is still in that list.

If you do the above and run CUtils again, my guess is it will be OK.
Please post the logfile again if it is not.

In addition, I would advise you to update the RPi OS:

apt update
apt full-upgrade
apt autoremove
apt clean
and after that bring mono to 6.12 . To do so this procedure worked for me.
Hans

MuntyWeather

Post by MuntyWeather »

Hi Hans,
Rather long story: wrt certificates:/mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt was not on the list. Updated the system, deleted and reinstalled mono. CMX working. Ran Cutils website. Still stops while referencing maps.txt. NOAA reports the same. log attached .
Cautionary tale: this all started when I added a solid state drive to the system. I tried to get it to boot from the SSD but was unsuccessful. So now it boots from the microSD. CumulusMX and the data files are on the SSD.
Thanks and Regards, Ted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

I attach maps.txt. Put that file on your utils directory, that should prevent the crash and at least it can continue and upload all necessary files. In the mean time, we hope somebody can tell us what is going on.

Apparently something inhibits to get the map from the map server and therefore it can't upload to your own server.

The actual error is below. If anybody can tell what actually would be the problem I would be much obliged. It is a simple GET with a HttpClient which works almost everywhere (but e.g. it does not on Win7 and on this RPi system). So what can be the cause? And better: what setting might prevent this?

2022-11-10 15:13:08.565 Information GetUrlData Calling GetAsync
2022-11-10 15:13:08.791 Error GetUrlData : Exception - The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
2022-11-10 15:13:08.795 Error GetUrlData: Inner Exception: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
  at ./external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132
  at Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsContext.ProcessHandshake () [0x00064] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream.ProcessHandshake (Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus status, System.Boolean renegotiate) [0x00106] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream.ProcessHandshake(Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus,bool)
  at Mono.Net.Security.AsyncHandshakeRequest.Run (Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus status) [0x00006] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at Mono.Net.Security.AsyncProtocolRequest.ProcessOperation (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0012a] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream.ProcessAuthentication (System.Boolean runSynchronously, Mono.Net.Security.MonoSslAuthenticationOptions options, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00346] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Net.Security.SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000d2] in <3588d5c507ec48a6b5d13a6d5ae64da2>:0 
2022-11-10 15:13:08.796 Error Fetch Map from server: Fail... empty map.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

I made a test version that might make it possible to make the SSL connection and as such avoid the problem.
Attached you find 6.14.3 beta 1. If you wish you can replace your executable with this one and give it a try.
I am out of the loop for some days but if it does not work, just replace the exec with the old one again.
Hans

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Nossie wrote: Thu 10 Nov 2022 2:00 am I don't know what's going on

The only reason I had reports working previously was because I had uploaded them manually on that date -

I can upload one manually and update it realtime through the extra web files as per the screenshot. (turned it off again)

@Hans
In CUtils the reports folder is given as relative to the webroot (!) so the parameter FTPDirectory becomes: ./Reports/
Closing slash is required.
./Reports/ is what I should have? but Extra web files is only public_html/Reports ?

Is there is no way to check this again until tonight?
Your NOAA Reports are current http://www.stewartonweather.com/Reports/NOAAMO1122.txt
is that from CMX Day End process success, or by your manual FTP?

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

Sorry Paul that I didn't update - just checked today while I was working and yes, you can imagine how happy I was to see another day added - no I didn't upload it manually it was all automagic :clap:

Thanks for everyones assistance
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Great :clap:
You can fool with people... but you can't fool with code :lol:

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php