Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

uploading 2 seperate sets of data to Cumulus

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
IanH
Weather Station: Aercus WS2085
Operating System: Windows 10

uploading 2 seperate sets of data to Cumulus

Post by IanH »

I have an Aercus WS2085 weather station and I upload the data to Cumulus 1 on my PC (Windows 10).
I have recently purchased a 2nd weather station, Aercus WS3085, and want to save its data also to Cumulus 1 on my PC.
Aercus inform me that Cumulus 1 is the software for these types of stations. How do I go about it so that the 2 stations data are kept seperate?
It has been mentioned that I will need to have 2 instances of Cumulus, but I don't know how to go about doing that.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: uploading 2 seperate sets of data to Cumulus

Post by water01 »

Just install a separate instance of cumulus in another directory i.e. C:/cumulus1 and C:/cumulus2 and the make sure of two things.

1) Make sure you use the USB/Serial (not sure how this station connects to a PC) connection associated with the new station by looking in the Device Manager.
2) Cannot remember if Cumulus has the setting to stop 2nd instances of the executable running but if it has make sure it is switched off.

Edit Just had a quick look at the website (https://www.aercusinstruments.com/aercu ... r-station/) and it is a USB connection

Bit cheeky that they are using Cumulus 1 images in the scrollable images and the manual actually says use Cumulus 1, so it must be a Fine Offset device (it has a circular logger like an old Fine Offset) although the unit looks remarkably like an Ecowitt.
Software Download
Note: No CD is contained with this unit please download the current version of
Cumulus 1 software, or of EasyWeather Plus and our Basic Installation Guide by entering
the link below into your browser’s address bar:
www.aercusinstruments.com/downloads/
This software allows the display, storage, and printing of historical data. In addition,
the software allows the data to be uploaded and displayed on a website.
Cumulus has a comprehensive Wiki and Support Forum for any software related issues:
cumulus.hosiene.co.uk
Strange that it actually says "This device is not recommended for 24/7 connection to a computer for live weather reading.".
David
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

It is a known issue for the WS3085 to experience lockups when connected 24/7 to a computer. You might like to refer to this thread - viewtopic.php?t=20399

Regards,
Trevor
IanH
Weather Station: Aercus WS2085
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by IanH »

Thankyou water01 for your help. I've managed to achieve my goal. Quite easy when someone knows how.