Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error connecting ftp

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

malmeida
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: Error connecting ftp

Post by malmeida »

My noaarepot only show the 2023 year. It doesn't show other years. I attach the last MXdiags.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I think that the reason of not having past months and years in noaareport is that I only upgraded CmulusMx v3.9.6 (b3101) to v3.12.0 (b3141) in February. So, in Reports folder, I only have the February noaareport file. Is it possible to transfer the data folder files to Reports folder with the proper names?
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

the data folder does not contain the reports in a NOAA format. Either look for where the reports have been generated, or you need to (Re)generated the reports I guess for all the missing months and years.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 204025.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If you have the reports in a previous install of CMX or C1, you can just copy the files over to the new CMX Reports folder.
seriestoke
Weather Station: FYJB
Operating System: FYHJ

Post by seriestoke »

What kind of a network connection it uses? Sometimes home routers start to malfunction, causing strange connection issues. Usually this is resolved by restarting the router.
teatv apk

download apk
Last edited by seriestoke on Fri 12 May 2023 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

As I upgraded CmulusMx v3.9.6 (b3101) to v3.12.0 (b3141), I had no NOAA Reports before. I only had data folder with monthly files like month201706.ini and Jun17log.txt.
In NOAA Settings I did not found any Regenerate button. I don't know how to update Reports folder with NOAA files.
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

In Cumulus dashboard, open Reports -> NOAA Month Report or NOAA Year Report. Then on the top you have (Re)generate report button. This generates the report files locally on the computer running CumulusMX.

Unfortunately you have to go through all data month by month and year by year and regenerate each one if you do not have any of the reports previously available. After generation you still have to upload them manually to your website, since the automatic upload only handles current month and current year as far as I know.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

Thank you very much. Now I have all months of all years in the NOAA Reports of the website.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I tried to update Cumulus from v3.12.0(b3141) to v3.16.0(b3182) but I was not able. I did´t found CumulusMX.exe in the CumulesMx folder nor folders data, web and webfiles. So Cumulus did not run and I needed to return to previous version.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You are so far behind, why don't you upgrade to 3.24.2 (build 3225)?
David
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

malmeida wrote: Sat 18 Mar 2023 2:33 pm I tried to update Cumulus from v3.12.0(b3141) to v3.16.0(b3182) but I was not able. I did´t found CumulusMX.exe in the CumulesMx folder nor folders data, web and webfiles. So Cumulus did not run and I needed to return to previous version.
I can’t understand how that would be possible. Basically on upgrade you just stop Cumulus, take a backup copy of the installation folder and then unzip the new version zip contents over the old version. If you would have a faulty download, even then you would have the old exe in place, but of course it would not work if there were files mixed from two versions. And even then your data folder could not be missing since unzipping a new version over the old one does not touch that folder. This suggests that you have probably misunderstood something.

I also agree with water01 that there is no good reason to install so old version that b3182 is. If you want to be on the safe side, maybe 3.23.1 b3221 would be the one I recommend at the moment, since if I have understood correctly, there are still some minor issues to be fixed on 3.24.2 b3235.