Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

UK: Anyone need spares Maplin N96GY / Fine Offset WH1081

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
gjchester
Weather Station: Fine Ofset
Operating System: Win 7 Virtual Machine

UK: Anyone need spares Maplin N96GY / Fine Offset WH1081

Post by gjchester »

I started a thread on "Console Locks up after a reset (Maplins N96GY) Any point trying to fix it?" ad was think of going down the raspberry pi route to listen to the signals, but in the end I basically decided to replace the unit with a EcoWitt WS2910 (Still trying to make that talk to Cumulus...), so my old station is now spare.

Given Maplin’s went years ago I know spares for these are hard to come by so is it of interest to anyone here?

The obvious issue is the base station no longer reliably talks over USB, If you reset it, it will talk for a while, maybe a day, maybe a few days but not that long. There no obvious damage inside, but others have said this has happened to them, so something gone. It also doesn't quite seem to reset right, even leaving it without batteries in for a few weeks its still has some random (or corrupt) data stored you can’t seem to erase. This is probably related to the USB issue.

The external unit is OK, it’s been outside for at least 8 years plus so of course the plastic may be a little brittle, and one of the lugs on the rain gauge has broken, but the gauge works fine otherwise. There may be some spiders included as a bonus 😊

The unit is on 433.9Mhz as Marlins stuff can vary even with the same part number.

Happy to give it to anyone who can use it to keep their unit running, I’ve put UK, because its less hassle than shipping anywhere else but if you willing to sort out shipping its yours..
gjchester
Weather Station: Fine Ofset
Operating System: Win 7 Virtual Machine

Re: UK: Anyone need spares Maplin N96GY / Fine Offset WH1081

Post by gjchester »

I have a taker, and the bits will be off on they travels shortly,,