Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherLink Live raw data

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

WeatherLink Live raw data

Post by Mapantz »

I've have an app on my phone which I use quite regularly, which gets data from WeatherLink via the API.

I noticed that the app is showing bad data for temps ( -67°C ) and no rain data.

I contacted the app author, and he said "I was sending crappy data" and then pasted the entire station API callback. There was no crappy data there, but what is happening is that his app isn't always showing the data from my transmitter ID1, which is my ISS (rain & temps) instead, it is showing the data from transmitter ID2, which is my anemometer, which has no rain or temp data.

I sent a reply back explaining this and got this reply:
I see, thanks. Do you know how I am supposed to know which device is behind every ID?

For instance the data structure type for your anemometer is the same for Vantage Pro2. How am I supposed to know that most data coming from the data structure should be trashed?
I don't know what to reply to that, as I don't make apps that use API calls.

The weird thing is, my Solar and UV data are on ID1, with the rain and temp, and that data shows absolutely fine.

Any ideas in what I should reply to try and help?

A bit of a weird situation for the app maker to be asking me what to do?!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: WeatherLink Live raw data

Post by mcrossley »

Mapantz wrote: Wed 25 Oct 2023 8:39 pm A bit of a weird situation for the app maker to be asking me what to do?!
It is. Davis documents the API pretty well, I'm sure if I can work it out, and the weewx, WeatherDisplay developers etc, then he should too!