Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Aerisweather has been rebranded as Vaisala Xweather...

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Aerisweather has been rebranded as Vaisala Xweather...

Post by saratogaWX »

I received an announcement from Aerisweather.com 29-Mar-2024 saying
AerisWeather is now Vaisala Xweather

We'd previously announced our ongoing transition into the Vaisala Xweather brand. This email serves to inform you that the transition is now complete, and the next time you access aerisweather.com you will be redirected to xweather.com.

We hope you'll share in our excitement about this transition and we look forward to continuing to bring you the best in weather data and mapping under the Vaisala Xweather name.

Thanks for being a member of our community!
My AW-forecast.php script (standalone and part of the Base-World Saratoga template set) uses the Aerisweather API endpoint and it is still working, but I don't know for how long they'll redirect the API requests to their new endpoint. My original key still works, so no panic yet.

I'll be reviewing the code to use their new endpoint with existing keys and I've changed the script page to reflect the new signup for API key URL.

More as it is discovered...
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: Aerisweather has been rebranded as Vaisala Xweather...

Post by saratogaWX »

I just participated in a webinar with the Vaisala Xweather developers and asked the following questions:

1) will free/limited use API keys continue to be available to data submitters to pwsweather.com?
Answer: yes.. old keys for api.aerisweather.com will work with data.api.xweather.com and new keys
are available for signups at https://signup.xweather.com/pws-contributor

2) will queries to existing api.aerisweather.com continue to work?
Answer: Yes, there are no plans to discontinue that long existing URL. Apps using that URL should
change to data.api.xweather.com as they update, but no urgency.

3) several APIs (VisualCrossing, OpenWeatherMap, WU/TWC) provide lang={iso-lang] capability on forecast text for multilingual support. Are you planning on that?
Answer: Yes, it should be available in a few months. The alerts queries (for Canada) already support lang=(en|fr) since the EC provides alerts in English and French.

4) are you worried that Xweather might have legal issues brought by Elon Musk's 'X'?
Answer: No. We had Xweather before they'd rebranded Twitter to X (chuckles)

I've been working on a XW-forecast.php script (which is ready), but given the coming multilingual capability of the API and the continuation of the end-point api.aerisweather.com, I'm in no hurry to force an update to all the AW-forecast.php script set (and Base-World users) just now.

More news as I hear more...