Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem with vantage pro2

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
akshay
Weather Station: Lacross, Oregon Scientific WMR-9
Operating System: win XP pro

Problem with vantage pro2

Post by akshay »

HI all,
we have got a new Davis vantage pro2 weather station. I am willing to use cumulus with it. As I expected i could not get cumulus workin when i tried connecting vantage pro 2 via usb. Now i got a couple of gender changer connectors and am able to connect it to the PC via serial port. But sadly i am still not able to get any data from cumulus.

Error i get is error 32701, while trying to initialise the station.

any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
Akshay
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem with vantage pro2

Post by steve »

By 'gender changers' do you mean a USB to serial adapter? I'm not really sure how that would work.

But the best way to use a USB VP2 with Cumulus is to use the software which Davis supply. It's the called the "CP210X USB to serial converter" and you can download it here: http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather ... driver.asp

The driver creates a 'virtual' serial port which Cumulus can connect to. If you've already used the Weatherlink software in USB mode, you will need to run it again to set the station into serial mode before you can use Cumulus.
Steve
akshay

Post by akshay »

Hi steve
many thanks for your reply..
but when i try to install cp210x usb converter...i get the error saying: "this application has failed to start because CP210xManufacturing.dll was not found."

Also if i install this driver, do i have to install weather link before i start cumulus or just install the driver and get on with cumulus.

thanks
akshay
akshay

Post by akshay »

Hi steve
many thanks for your reply..
but when i try to install cp210x usb converter...i get the error saying: "this application has failed to start because CP210xManufacturing.dll was not found."

Also if i install this driver, do i have to install weather link before i start cumulus or just install the driver and get on with cumulus.
I have WeatherLink 5.8.1 installed on my PC for now but i hav not used it yet.

thanks
akshay
akshay

Post by akshay »

hii,
just got the driver runnin...it runs when it is executed from within weatherlink directory..
but still some prob, as when i ran it, it said "No devices attached. communication error" . but vantage pro 2 is all connected to my pc via usb. any clues why this error isthere??
akshay

Post by akshay »

thanks for ur guidance steve....just got cumulus working downloading VCP drivers from http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx also helped.....thanks.. :clap:
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I was going to suggest downloading the drivers from Silicon Labs, I know a few people have used those, but I thought it should work anyway with the 'official' drivers from Davis. Strange. But good that it's working now.
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:I was going to suggest downloading the drivers from Silicon Labs, I know a few people have used those, but I thought it should work anyway with the 'official' drivers from Davis. Strange. But good that it's working now.
Steve the 'official' drivers from Davis Instruments are old and not fully compatible with the latest releases of Windows...