Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Yawcam

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Yawcam

Post by gwheelo »

Anyone having difficulty with socket timeout errors with Yawcam ftp. I receive these errors while all my other ftp applications almost never report the error and when they do they recover gracefully. Any suggestions. To be fair I am doing simultaneous ftp operations - but still next to no problems with Cumulus ftp (real time) and ftps from a Trendnet IP400 webcam with its own server.

George Wheelock
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Re: Yawcam

Post by hills »

Yeah I seem to get a few each day although bear in mind each time it uploads an image it also renames 150 other files at the same time in my case. It used to cause me major problems when I had a hard coded xml script to run the xml/swf slideshow replay of the last 24 hours, so now I've converted to use a PHP script to determine whats there and create the xml dynamically. Since this change I haven't had any issues and after a timeout it seems to pick up and continue on ok. (touch wood!! ;) )

I read on the yawcam forum that he was going to try and improve this area of yawcam, but unfortunatley that forum has been down for several days now so i can't refer you to that thread.
Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Post by Synewave »

Depending on the features you are using in Yawcam (maybe the scheduled upload), you may want to try Fwink. I was using Yawcan before and got fed up with the timeouts. For me, Fwink has never failed FTP, but unfortunately it doesn't have the scheduling feature.
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

I tried running two incarnations of Yawcam for my two webcams - the High Def Microsoft one and the older Sweex model. Although I was able to select the appropriate webcam from each, Yawcam showed the lower res one on both previews and both FTPs used the low res one. I could only get the MS HD webcam recognised by shutting down the second Yawcam.

Has anyone else actually managed to get Yawcam to work with two webcams? I know I've seen mention of this somewhere - I know Yawcam won't support more than one webcam as a single setup. The other idea might be to run two different webcam apps.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Post by Synewave »

Gina,

I too are trying to run two webcams. I gave up with Yawcam quite a while ago because of the timeouts. You may have read before that I am now using FWINK. It does actually get a few timeouts but always seems to recover by itself. I tried to install a second copy of FWINK but the install program then only allows you to repair or uninstall. Does anyone know how to force a second install?
Last edited by Synewave on Thu 03 Jun 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gina

Post by Gina »

I've decided to run my High Def MS webcam using Yawcam (which works fine) on my one and only PC with Windows on it and the Sweex webcam on one of my Linux boxes, initially using the Linux app webcam.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Palmyweather
Weather Station: W1081
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Palmyweather »

I have the latest weather information appearing at the bottom of my webcam. I'm currently using YAWCam software.

I would like to be able to get the weather data to be down the left hand side from centre, not across the bottom. I have tried using carage returns and different JavaScript, HTML and XHTML languages to get a line feed between values however nothing seems to work. It will only show one line.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

What I would like is:

Pressure: 1018.9hPa
Temperature: 20*C
Rain: 1.5mm
... etc...

Matt.
Check my Palmerston North, New Zealand weather station out at https://palmyweather.co.nz .

Gina

Post by Gina »

ImageMagick - it's open source and free :) Its what I used to make my banner (there's a Windows version too).
Gina