Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherBug

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
thewxobserver
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific
Operating System: Windows 7

WeatherBug

Post by thewxobserver »

Is there a way on the next update that you will be able to publish information to the weatherbug.com network?
http://backyard.weatherbug.com/forum/to ... r-backyard
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WeatherBug

Post by steve »

I wasn't sure about this as it all seemed rather commercial, but a few people have asked for it now, so I suppose I could consider doing it. I can't promise to do it soon, and it depends on exactly what their protocol is.

It only seems to be available for the US, though?
Steve
thewxobserver

Post by thewxobserver »

I think right now it is only in the US. If you follow the link above you can be in contact with someone that can help add this to the great software. Keep up the great work on this software!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I got an email from them a few months ago, but I ignored it - I get similar requests all the time, but I try to be user led rather than commercial organisation led :)

I've sent them a reply asking for details of their protocol. From the discussion on the link you've posted, I'm not sure that they understand that I'm one person doing this in my spare time.

Bear in mind that there are already 50 enhancement requests in the tracker, and I'm only doing 'simple' enhancements to Cumulus 1 now that I'm working on Cumulus 2.
Steve
thewxobserver

Post by thewxobserver »

At least you are thinking about it. Thanks for the great program.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

They've sent me the protocol spec, it's virtually identical to the Weather Underground protocol, so it'll be easy enough to add.

It would be much simpler, from everyone's point of view, if all of the web sites which have adopted the WU protocol (this is three I know of, now) could get together and have a single update system, to avoid everyone sending exactly the same data in exactly the same format, multiple times. But we know that's not going to happen :(
Steve
JJYakobitis
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR968
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by JJYakobitis »

steve wrote:They've sent me the protocol spec, it's virtually identical to the Weather Underground protocol, so it'll be easy enough to add.
Since the last post is a few months old, I am curious to know if you have decided to add this in a future update. If so, how soon? I also understand that it's not a priority for you since it is only for users located in the U.S.

Thanks,
J.J.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

JJYakobitis wrote:Since the last post is a few months old, I am curious to know if you have decided to add this in a future update.
Yes, I have.
If so, how soon?
I don't give on-demand forecasts or progress reports for Cumulus. My manager is allowed to ask for those, and even then it's annoying. Cumulus is my hobby.
Steve