Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New be Just starting

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

Re: New be Just starting

Post by Ned »

My rough and ready solution for a funnel was to cut down a 3 litre plastic juice bottle (rectangular in section) and duct tape it to the gauge, with the sawn-off neck facing down. The area increased by 2.45x, and the steep sides stop splatter loss.

The calibration has been tweaked a few times to try to make it agree with a manual rain gauge, but as they differ in location and height above ground (neither ideal) there will always be differences.
JohnDon
Weather Station: Smart Weather 2080
Operating System: Win XP

Post by JohnDon »

Hi All
I haven't vanished into thin air, or fallen off the roof trying to put the weather station up. It just hasn't arrived yet, which is a pity because I am going to Carne tomorrow where the camera is. I was hoping to have everything ready to rock and role this weekend. Ah well life can be hard when you have to travel on your own 100 miles to a tiny village with a cracking pub LOL

John
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

:clap: Its here and I am starting to configure it. I must be missing something important because my graphs are not showing where they should on the net. They are being uploaded but not on the gauges page http://www.carnebeach.com/gauges.htm
any suggestions. Oh I am on running win 7 but the computer on site will be win xp

John
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

JohnDon wrote:I must be missing something important because my graphs are not showing where they should on the net.
You don't appear to have carried out the installation procedure on your web site as described in the help file under 'setting up your web site'. There's also information in the wiki - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Simple_Website_setup
Steve
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Thanks for that, it seems like I have everything working except the NOW button. When I click on it, it takes me to carnebeach.com/index.htm but there is nothing on that page. I know I am an idiot sometimes

John
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The problem is that you appear to have a directory called index.htm in the root of your web space, so this is preventing the Cumulus index.htm page from being displayed.
Steve
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Steve you are only magic, Thanks
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

You could spend hours playing with the website, well this is my latest handy work http://www.weather.carnebeach.com We had our first rain yesterday and it worked fine but I will be building a new rain gauge like you pointed out earlier in 2 weeks. I have been reading on Solar Radiation but I am still not sure if I need to buy something to get this to work
Oh whats the standard Donation?
Oh here is what I have been at for the past 2 years with great success thank god http://www.ldndatabase.com/ourstory.html

John
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

What a very heartwarming story :) But what tremendous worry you both must have gone through. To get control of such advanced cancer is terrific :) Well done! But how is your wife feeling? I know that many cancer treatments are extremely unpleasant and severely reduce the quality of life. I think we all know people who have cancer and/or died from it. Several of my friends have it, some in remission, some have died. My aunt died of it, a cousin died from it and another is in long term remission. I feel lucky that it doesn't seem to have come down my mother's side of the family.

My very best wishes to you both for the future :)
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Thanks Gina
I dont want to upset the moderators by posting here and if you want to ask any questions please just email me. I am a member of so many cancer groups where I learn about alternative treatments and help new people to learn but the biggest part of our fight is a tiny tablet that costs 1 euro a day and is available all over the world for the past 20 odd years. I have never addressed a group of people in my life and on Saturday I am going to Birmingham to discuss my wife's story to 200 people at a conference.
My wifes quality of life is great, not quite what it was 2 years ago as she spends a little more time in bed than she used to. She is now going mad at me because she has put on so much weight "women" LOL she was a size 12 and now a size 16, we are now trying to address that. I have met all sorts on the net over the past 2 years, made some great friends and have doctors from around the world ringing me to see how my wife is doing, I even met one guy who wanted to charge me 400USD for telling me the name of a website, fat chance,
If you know people with cancer or in remission, tell them about Low Dose Naltrexone http://www.ldninfo.org. I dont sell or have anything to do with any drug company I am just like any of you but just went through a roller coaster ride with my wife for 2 years
my email john at carnebeach.com
Thanks again
now back to the weather before I get barred
John
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

JohnDon wrote:now back to the weather before I get barred
You make us sound like ogres! ;)

All we try to do is keep on topic while in a discussion; there is a 'general' area for anything which might interest people but has little or nothing to do with the weather -- a bit of general chat is certainly not discouraged!

PS -- Amazing story John
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

LOL :lol: I didnt mean to offend. Last year I was in a competition here in Ireland and to drum up votes a few of us went around forums asking for support. I ended up with the nick name John Banned Donnelly. I came in first with the public vote but the judges decided against me http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/hea ... 40208.html

John
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

It's difficult, and a fine line between what people consider chat/information and 'spamming' when they feel bombarded.

Anyway, i'm off topic now -- I might need to have a word with myself!
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Just thought I would finish this tread with the best news ever. Just 3 days before Christmas my wife got the all clear. So we are out of trouble for now

John
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Post by hills »

That's fantastic news John!! :clap:

Well done, that was a great read!!