Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Bit of a Disaster - Advice Please

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
WetAndWindy
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows XP

Bit of a Disaster - Advice Please

Post by WetAndWindy »

Hi All, this is about the monitoring equipment associated with the Maplin USB weather station as per the link below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223254

The recent wind and rain brought the pole that housed my monitoring equipment down, mainly due to the fact that it shared the post with a rather large, wet and heavy hanging basket, so more fool me!

I think I have got off lightly and a little bit or Araldite in the right places should have it back soon, however there is one aspect that I could do with some help with. The weather wane arrow has come off!!

It looks as though it will just push fit back on to a metal furule but I am worried about orientation.

1) Which made me wonder whether the small metal insert in the arrow head is magnetic in which case the orientation doesn't matter??

2) Which also made me wonder whether the other two holes on the underside of the arrow head which are empty, should have anything in them??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

WnW
PS: The hanging basket survived!
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Re: Bit of a Disaster - Advice Please

Post by apenwith »

Hi
I think it is a push fit but there is mention somewhere on the forum of a repair.
As for orientation - I think the magnet is in the head but you'll soon know if you are getting no reading on the base unit in which case the bracket is aligned E/W with the arrow westwards and the anemometer east. If the magnet proves to be in the box on the shaft fix in a one position and note which direction you are reading and put the arrow on accordingly.
Best wishes
Alan
werribee_au
Weather Station: WH-1081 (Jaycar Digitech XC0348)
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by werribee_au »

Here's a post with pictures of the weather vane.

https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=5092#p5092
WetAndWindy
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by WetAndWindy »

Thanks for the replies, from what I can tell it looks as though there is only magnet.
regards.
WnW