Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Snow Depth in Cumulus 1.9.0

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
scotweather
Weather Station: La Crosse WS2300
Operating System: Windows XP Home SP3

Snow Depth in Cumulus 1.9.0

Post by scotweather »

I've entered in the snow depth for yesterday and today via the Weather Diary and when I check Cumuluswebtags.php its showing as 0 (zero)

$snowdepth = '0'; // Today's Snow Depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary

Cumulus version 1.9.0

Any ideas anyone ?
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Snow Depth in Cumulus 1.9.0

Post by daj »

I've never used the diary before, but have just tried it and have the same issue. I'm on 1.9.1 beta
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I've just tried it in 1.9.1 and it works fine for me, so I'm afraid I'm stumped. I can't think of any reason it could have worked for me but no-one else. Did the diary actually save the snow depth OK - i.e. can you now see it in there? Is it registering on the 'Snow index' on the View menu?
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

here's my screen shots. On the diary, I can move away from the date and back to it so I know it has saved it
diary.png
snowindex.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
kippfordweather.uk
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Works OK for me too - still on build 962.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think there must be a problem with the diary files for those having problems. It's a bit strange that it doesn't work for you, David, if you haven't used it before. Could you send me your file, please; it's log.xml.
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

That works fine for me:

Code: Select all

$snowdepth            = "10"; // today's snow depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary
So now I really am stumped. Is it a 'case' problem in the webtags file you're using? The tag is all lower case: <#snowdepth>
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

steve wrote:That works fine for me:

$snowdepth            = "10"; // today's snow depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary
So now I really am stumped. Is it a 'case' problem in the webtags file you're using? The tag is all lower case: <#snowdepth>

$snowdepth            = "<#snowdepth>"; // today's snow depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary
:?
Is there anything else needs ticked in the settings of Cumulus for snow?
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

daj wrote:Is there anything else needs ticked in the settings of Cumulus for snow?
No, it should just work. The webtag code is identical to the snow index code, except that the snow index code scans a set of dates, and the webtag code just looks for today. It returns zero if either it doesn't find an entry for today, or has an error opening the diary file. It doesn't currently log the error - I didn't want to create huge logs - but I guess that's going to be the only way to find out what the problem is.
Steve
scotweather
Weather Station: La Crosse WS2300
Operating System: Windows XP Home SP3

Post by scotweather »

Thank you for your replies.

I'm running Windows XP using Cumulus build 1.9.0
The record of the snow is recorded in the diary and shows up on View this month with 3 snow falling and 2 snow days.
The Snow index has recorded my 15cm
The entry in Cumuluswebtags.php before processing is:
$snowdepth = '<#snowdepth>'; // Today's Snow Depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary
The entry in Cumuluswebtags.php after processing is:
$snowdepth = '0'; // Today's Snow Depth as entered manually in the Weather Diary
Attached is my log.xml file

The last time I had a problem with the diary was when it would error when an update happened.. I used the Diary a lot last winter so the only difference is the build of Cumulus has changed from last winter. I usually update regularly so is it worth checking any differences between the build that was available last January to build 1.9.0. Just a thought.

Sorry Steve giving you another problem.

Thanks
Kate
Last edited by scotweather on Sun 28 Nov 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

scotweather wrote:Attached is my log.xml file
Your log also works fine for me.
Steve
WyoRusty
Weather Station: WS-1080
Operating System: XP Pro SP3

Post by WyoRusty »

Hi all, my first post.

I have been playing with snow depth here in Wyoming and have noticed that, while it does post ok using 1.9.0 build 958, I can not enter decimal numbers, fraction of whole numbers etc. I also cannot enter any leading zero number. I use inches here of course. So, if I get 18.25 inches I actually see 1825 inches, 0.5 or 005 gives me 5 inches.

Since I am pretty profieient with html, I went into the webpage template and added a leading 0 and decimal for fractions as needed. I just need to remember to do that when snow fall requires.

Courious. If this has been asked and answered I appoligize. I'm still doing a lot of reading. Also trying to find out the procedure for installing a newwer version without loosing data. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll keep searching on these points.

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

WyoRusty wrote:I have been playing with snow depth here in Wyoming and have noticed that, while it does post ok using 1.9.0 build 958, I can not enter decimal numbers, fraction of whole numbers etc.
The snow depth facility is just one of things I threw in for my own use before anyone else was using Cumulus. I measure in cm, to the nearest cm, so the field in the diary 'database' is an integer. I can't change this now, sorry.
Also trying to find out the procedure for installing a newwer version without loosing data.
Upgrade instructions are in the readme.txt file. Basically, take a backup of your data just in case, and install the new version.
Steve
WyoRusty
Weather Station: WS-1080
Operating System: XP Pro SP3

Post by WyoRusty »

steve wrote:
WyoRusty wrote:I have been playing with snow depth here in Wyoming and have noticed that, while it does post ok using 1.9.0 build 958, I can not enter decimal numbers, fraction of whole numbers etc.
The snow depth facility is just one of things I threw in for my own use before anyone else was using Cumulus. I measure in cm, to the nearest cm, so the field in the diary 'database' is an integer. I can't change this now, sorry.

Thanks. We sure get more snow than rain here. I could switch to cm of course but then no one here would know what I was talking about - LOL
Also trying to find out the procedure for installing a newwer version without loosing data.
Upgrade instructions are in the readme.txt file. Basically, take a backup of your data just in case, and install the new version.
I did recall seeing something and I actually found it again this morning - Thanks