Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

issues with easyweather 6.2

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
mattL
Weather Station: SmartWeather WH2080
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit

issues with easyweather 6.2

Post by mattL »

Hi

I hope someone can help I am trying to use easyweather 6.2 software but every time i start up it say " You need administrator privilege to run this program for the first time" I had this issue on my last computer which was a self build and still on this new one and on both I had complete control at administrator level (even tried creating a user called administrator with the top access but failed). any suggestions how to fix this or other software that I could use would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Matthew
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: issues with easyweather 6.2

Post by steve »

mattL wrote:any suggestions how to fix this or other software that I could use
Unbelievable. This is a wind up, yes?
Steve
Conrad
Weather Station: Davis Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Conrad »

thats what i thought steve quite unbelievable sometimes
mattL
Weather Station: SmartWeather WH2080
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit

Post by mattL »

sorry, I've tried cumulus and others but the wind never reads the same as the station.

Matthew
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

mattL wrote:sorry, I've tried cumulus and others but the wind never reads the same as the station.
You said in your previous post that you had read and understood the FAQ on wind speeds. If Cumulus did actually display the wrong wind speed, I think a lot more people would be complaining.

Don't you think it's incredibly rude to ask on my support forum for recommendations for other software?
Steve
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Unbelievable!! :bash:

I can certainly confirm that Cumulus shows the same wind speed as the console and indeed that it agrees with other weather software that I'm running at the same time.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by robynfali »

Can anyone recommend some good Por......

oh, sorry wrong forum :bash: :bash:
philcdav
Weather Station: MyDEL WX2008 Mk2 Fine Offset
Operating System: XP and W7

Post by philcdav »

heh matt.

your in the wrong forum mate.

you should be looking at Windows 7.

i think ? the answer may lie in running the software AS ADMINISTRATOR !

Try going to the program exe file in Explorer then RIGHT CLICK and RUN AS Admin. etc

Anyway, put Easyweather to one side, use Cumulus and dont forget a donation
Phil - G0DOR
ppehkone
Weather Station: none
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by ppehkone »

Hi,

I work as a system administrator, so I don't really know much about weather metering equipment or software.

As part of my daily work, I was asked to install EasyWeather 6.1 on a computer. I tested the installation on a virtual machine and ran into this problem. The program installs, but when I start it, it says that it needs administrative privileges. Even if I start it with administrative privileges, the next time I start it as a normal user, it says the same thing.

Also when I go to System -> Setup, there is a dialog, stating: "Read weather setup data fail!", and another one: "Read weather alarm data fail!". In the setup itself, the Save button is greyed out, and it stays that way even though I change the setups like Time Zone etc.. This happens whether I am running the program with administrative privileges or not. After reading a bit of the weather station manual, I suspect this is because the weather station itself is not connected to the computer.

The version is not a problem, I tried and the same happens with 6.2 too.

Can you tell me how to install EasyWeather for a normal user without administrative privileges, or does it always require for the user to have those privileges? Does the user need rights to write to a specific directory or a registry key?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I am sorry but I do not understand why you are asking for support of EasyWeather on a support forum for CUMULUS software.

If you really are a Systems Administrator you will understand when I say that this is akin to asking for support of Linux from Microsoft!!

Suggest you look for an EasyWeather forum (if such a beast exists), if not I suggest you download and install Cumulus instead and then we may be able to help.
David
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Post by MickinMoulden »

robynfali wrote:Can anyone recommend some good Por......

oh, sorry wrong forum :bash: :bash:
Bahahahah. Yeah, I need help with my lawn mower!
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
ppehkone
Weather Station: none
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by ppehkone »

I am sorry but I do not understand why you are asking for support of EasyWeather on a support forum for CUMULUS software.

If you really are a Systems Administrator you will understand when I say that this is akin to asking for support of Linux from Microsoft!!
Oh,

I found this forum by googling the error message so I thought this would have been the right place to ask. I thought maybe EasyWeather was like an older name for Cumulus or something. I'm really not familiar with either one of these software. Sorry for the mix-up and thank you for educating me.
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Post by MickinMoulden »

I sorta feel bad. Poor guy, I truly hope he gets answers. Beter yet, ditch what he's got, make a donation and get Cumulus. And we promise not to do this again. OK?
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
Nykita
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nykita »

Unbelievable!!!!

Do these people not realize Easy weather and Cumulus are two COMPLETELY different programs. :lol: :o
No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others!
DrMD
Weather Station: NC265
Operating System: XP

Post by DrMD »

What I find unbelievable no one has helped this guy yet this thread has made it to 2 pages.
Someone could have pointed out that he only needs, yes you still need, easy weather to setup
a station. After that he could try using Cumulus as it does what easy weather does and more.
He mostly likely does not even know what Cumulus is/does or capable of and now most likely
does not even care. Good one all, most definitely unbelievable.