Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FOSCAM FI8905W wireless IP cam

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Re: FOSCAM FI8905W wireless IP cam

Post by Gina »

It looks like the camera has no automatic exposure function or if it has it's turned off.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Craig
Weather Station: Davis Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Craig »

Gina,

I agree with you. I have a Panasonic IP camera which has much better ability to adjust to the varying lighting conditions. I contacted "support" and received the following reply:

"Hello Sir,

Foscam outdoor camera's color is off when installted outside. It is normal, no way to get it resovled."

Strange reply, as it is designed as an "outdoor camera." Fortunately, it wasn't a very expensive camera and I may use it for something other than my personal weather camera - maybe a chicken coop cam?? For the time being, I plan on placing my "indoor" Panasonic into a weather proof housing and use it for the local mountain view.

Regards to all, Craig
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Sounds a good plan :) Not a very good response from Foscam, hardly a recommendation!! :roll:
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
rrs18
Weather Station: La Crosse
Operating System: windows 7

Post by rrs18 »

Austin wrote:Image

Hi, I might be confused. Is this picture from the 8905 or the 8904 or something else. I can't get anywhere near this good a photo with my recently installed 8905. Thanks

Russ