Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reception Problems

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
NHP
Weather Station: wmr200
Operating System: windows 7

Reception Problems

Post by NHP »

i am using an oregon wmr200 and i am having a problem with the reception. the displat all works fine and recieves all the sensors but when i plug in the usb lead to the computer i lose the connection to the rain and wind sensor. (al the sensors are together on the same post). i have tried putting the unit in diferent places but it happens where ever i have it. any ideas how to fix the problem as i have a web site i update and would like to leave it connected with cumulus running. any help or ideas greatly appreciated.
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Re: Reception Problems

Post by wd40 »

Are you saying you still have the outside temperature but not the rain, wind direction and speed when the usb is plugged in?
NHP
Weather Station: wmr200
Operating System: windows 7

Post by NHP »

yes, everything else still displays and works fine except the rain and wind speed and direction. i thought it was just a general reception problem which made it go, so tried moving the display to another room. it worked fine, so left it a few days in the new posistion and the reception never went. brought new cables so i could reach the computer and within 30 seconds of plugging it in it went. i tried unpluging and it came back so tried it a few times and it is difinitely when i plug in the usb lead and not just coincidence. i have moved the unit back and with the usb plugged in it is working fine. plug it in and it goes.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

It could be worth either putting a ferrite core on the end of the USB cable at the station, or buying one of the pre-made cables with a core at each end.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I think someone else had a similar problem recently, but perhaps not with the same type of station. Unfortunately I can't remember if there was a solution, and I don't know what search terms to use to find the thread.
Steve