Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Moon states - I'm stuck

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
Flying Eye
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: XpPro32SP3 & 7Home64SP1

Re: Moon states - I'm stuck

Post by Flying Eye »

steve wrote:I've added a <#MoonAge> web tag in build 1016. No guarantees as to how accurate it is, but it should be 'close enough'.
How can I thank you enough? :clap:

I've got some backing up to do then I''ll install it and give it a try out! :)

You know you timed that rather well, to say the least; it's been a very discouraging week this week, nearly every little thing I tried to do involving the weather station has been taxing to the limit - until seeing this, this evening, I was seriously looking at what alternatives I might go with. Mostly it was about issues with the reliability and quality control of Fine Offset products. When the notification came in I was actually looking at and assessing wireless thermometers on Amazon! Yes, that close to going another simpler route! :shock:

Thanks once again Steve, it's quite remarkable that you were able to find a solution so quickly! :D
Cheers,
Ian
Flying Eye

Post by Flying Eye »

OK, so here is how it looks right now:

It seems to be tracking about right, I'll keep an eye on it as it all progresses. I've renumbered the images for FM on 14th, does that seem about right given what you came up with? Or would 15th perhaps be more sensible?

Either way, what a great outcome! :D

So, just the Zambretti thing to figure out now! I may have worked out a plan for that, but making it become reality is quite likely going to be a slightly longer haul!

Once both solutions seem to be working and settled down, I'll probably start modelling and rendering.

This tag is greatly appreciated! :clap:
Last edited by Flying Eye on Sun 25 Sep 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Ian
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes, I think 14 will probably hit the day of the full moon.

It's just a library function that I've found, I don't know how it works.
Steve
Flying Eye

Post by Flying Eye »

OK, 14th is fine here, so we'll see what happens, looks like it'll be fine.

Given you don't know how it works, what you produced is all the more astonishing! :D

The power in those webtags is great, even using the ancient technology in Samurize I've now got a handy visual output for the weather station, and since I've now got it using a text file directly to disk from Cumulus and directly from disk via a bit of lucky "trying it on" in Samurize, well, once that happened it all became remarkably responsive! So, while it's technically still scraping, it's doing it from the hard drive instead of the web, and the lack of lag is now pretty impressive, the updates are now very crisp indeed. 8-)

Thank you very much indeed! :D
Cheers,
Ian