Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

hi from s-wales

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
neil0748
Weather Station: N96GY with touchscreen
Operating System: win7

hi from s-wales

Post by neil0748 »

I would like to hi too all the forum people, im south wales up in the stick's called the garw valley iv'e just started a new hobby as you can see weather watching so go easy on me lol, iv'e bought a weather station from maplin's sorry napkin's lol, it's the n96gy touch screen the sensor's are mounted on a pole out the back garden with no obstacles, im on the wow metoffice site if anyone is interested iv'e got pics and iv'e also got a live weather webcam http://81.155.151.61:8081/ . Weather updates 24/7 to the metoffice. i would like to say thank you all for excepting me and have a happy xmas hope to hear from you all soon.
Last edited by neil0748 on Sun 22 Jan 2012 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: hi from s-wales

Post by steve »

Hi Neil, welcome aboard!
Steve
neil0748

Post by neil0748 »

cheers steve :D
nking
Weather Station: W-8681
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nking »

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum and the new hobby. I'm sure you're keeping an eye on your broadband usage as you're streaming video from what I can see.
Your broadband provider may provide free web space which will allow you to quickly set up a website. Steve's Cumulus provides everything you need (but I'm sure you know this already).

Enjoy your new toy
neil0748

Post by neil0748 »

thanx nking iv'e got bt unlimited download, would they supply me with a web page ?? :D
neil0748

Post by neil0748 »

What i realy need is a faster and biger laptop im using my note book at the moment :cry:
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by robynfali »

That's what we need, more people from the land where men are men, and sheep are a pastime.!! Welcome aboard
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your new hobby
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
neil0748

Post by neil0748 »

solved one problem got my new lappy, now i need a free host for my cumulus software any suggestions and advice on free host anyone, i have read the wiki site but no joy, to put it politely im thick when it comes to macking my own website havent got a clue what to do cheers peep's . :D
hungerdunger
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY (WH-1081)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by hungerdunger »

Hi Neil, and welcome to the forum. Could I just point out (looking at your data on the WOW site) that your Mean sea level pressure looks to be out by around 15 hPa. If you have a look at your nearest professional weather stations at St Athan and Mumbles, they will give you an idea of what the correct figure will be.
Capel Dewi (Carmarthen) Weather Station:
https://twitter.com/CapelDewiWeathr
neil0748

Post by neil0748 »

hungerdunger wrote:Hi Neil, and welcome to the forum. Could I just point out (looking at your data on the WOW site) that your Mean sea level pressure looks to be out by around 15 hPa. If you have a look at your nearest professional weather stations at St Athan and Mumbles, they will give you an idea of what the correct figure will be.
Thank you for pointing it out to me hungerdunger, saint athens is at sea level and mumble's i'm up in the valley's 212m above sea level my station is telling me my Mean Sea-Level Pressure 1033.3 hpa on the WOW site, is it telling me wrong and if so how can i adjust it to correct it thanx hungerdunger.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You need to set the sea-level pressure on your station console. I can't remember the exact procedure offhand, but the manual does (sort of) explain it.
Steve
hungerdunger
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY (WH-1081)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by hungerdunger »

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

Steve has already answered your question, but just to expand on it a little, On your console you need to adjust the "rel" pressure reading, which is the equivalent of "Mean Sea level pressure". Have a look at page 10 of your manual.

Ideally you need to wait until there is a large area of high pressure over South Wales so that you know that there is little variation in pressure. You then need to set the "rel" figure to that of one of your neighbouring professional stations (St. Athan or Mumbles). However as that's not likely in the near future you can get it reasonably accurate by setting it to one of those stations and checking it for a couple of days to make sure it's roughly in line with their figures.
Capel Dewi (Carmarthen) Weather Station:
https://twitter.com/CapelDewiWeathr