Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

La Crosse 2350 - 'Data input appears to have stopped' error

jlfutari
Weather Station: La Crosse WS 2355
Operating System: Vista Ultimate SP2

La Crosse 2350 - 'Data input appears to have stopped' error

Post by jlfutari »

Hi has any one had this error on there on La Crosse/Cumulus setup? See pic below/attahced

Cheers

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Re: La Crosse 2350 - 'Data input appears to have stopped' er

Post by Matt.j5b »

I have a La Crosse and sometimes get that. When it happens to me it happens when Cumulus is not running and so when the logger download is made a entry is not made because connection to the sensors has been lost. But most of time connection comes back within 10 to 15 minutes at the most. Only once have I have the error you have got while running Cumulus but I would get it more often if I ran Cumulus all the time. La Crosse station can be hard with connection especially if don't use Serial but for me USB works fine and it always recorded in the station. For me it seems that the wireless connection to the base station sometimes is not good.But for most of time it works fine. Hope that helps with what happens with mine.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
jlfutari

Post by jlfutari »

I have my La-Crosse connected via serial port and this problem has only started occurring recently and Cumulus runs 24/7. This error isn't affecting the operation of Cumulus or my La Corsse station.
Strange how it seems to only occur between 12am-6am.

James
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

Well then I got a different but minor situation. Sounds like a temporary stopping of the transmission once a hour for a six hours each day. Mine but is different is only at random and not too often. I can have a week or two without trouble and then I get a few times in a couple of days. But it doesn't cause much trouble. If it doesn't affect anything there should be nothing to worry about unless it goes on for a while but it depends on why it is happening.Has not happened to me but La Crosse stations can be strange.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
sunseeker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by sunseeker »

I've also had this problem that occurred at exactly the same time during the night.( My system La Crosse 2350 USB connection runs 24/7). However I noticed a slight discrepancy in the time on the console compared to the computer clock. Synchronising the two eliminated the proplem compeletely. Whether that this was coincidental or not I don't know but Cumulus has been running trouble and error free now for 4 months.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Steve
jlfutari

Post by jlfutari »