Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

STC800 solar cell

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
g0wfs
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

STC800 solar cell

Post by g0wfs »

For for those who are not already aware, the STC800 solar cell comes with it's own internal 3 cell 3.6v battery pack? However, by default it is NOT CONNECTED?

Connecting it is real simple and takes a couple minutes :-)

Just simply remove the 6 screws on the back of the STC800 (the inner ones which hold the arm/bracket to the panel itself), to reveal the battery pack. You will see the connector plug on the end of a small fly lead from the battery. You will also see the socket right next to the battery which it plugs into (and it only goes in one way - so no chance of reverse polarity).

Once done, the STC800 will actually keep it's own internal pack topped up, which is what is then actually powering your station accessory (be it day or night).

Oregon Scientific don't seam to send any information out when you buy an STC800 to tell you to do this. And complete station manuals (which come with the panel) also seam to lack this information too. They just tell you to plug the cell into your accessory, and not to plug the internal battery in to the panel first?

So I thought I would mention it here, because I suspect there will quite a few owners who are completely unaware that the STC800 contains it's own (unconnected) battery pack?
Nidge