Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SteelSeries Gauges - version 1.0

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: SteelSeries Gauges - version 1.0

Post by mcrossley »

Trainman wrote:My data download counter is in a bit of hurry. The var g_count is set to 60 sec. It is counting from 60 but it is counting down in double speed i.e 30 seconds. :?: http://www.kvistgaardvejr.dk/gauges-ss.htm
I´m running ver. 1.5.4 - 2012-02-21.
You need to remove the "init()" from the <body> tag in your HTML.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

gwheelo wrote:
Just gauges.js
Is it just doTemp() and doDew() or is there more to change - it is a bit of work to change my gauges.js as I have customized so much of it. Yeah - my fault - but if it is just something I can copy paste - it will ease my pain.

gw
From memory yes - but I'm not at my dev. machine at the moment.
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

gwheelo wrote:...it is a bit of work to change my gauges.js as I have customized so much of it. Yeah - my fault - but if it is just something I can copy paste - it will ease my pain.
George, you need to get something such as Scooter Software Beyond Compare ... it has made my life so much easier when new versions of a script are released... ;)

The source code of the old and the new versions of a script can be viewed side-by-side with the changed/modified lines highlighted - Beyond Compare even allows the user to copy from one side to the other and then save the resulting new script. 8-)
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Mark, may I make a suggestion...

On line 901 of the 'gauges.js' script, to change from:

Code: Select all

setStatus("Your realtime text file template needs updating!");
to:

setStatus("Your " + g_realTimeURL + " file template needs updating!");
This way, the user know exactly which file (by name, either 'realtimegaugesplus.txt' or 'customclientraw.txt') needs to be updated... ;)

I have even made this warning message multilingual in my version of the gauges - the new line in the 'gauges.js' script needs to be changed to:

setStatus(LANG.PageUpdateStart + realTimeURL + LANG.PageUpdateEnd);
and two new parameters (times the number of languages) must be added to the 'language.js' script:

PageUpdateStart     : "Your '",
    PageUpdateEnd       : "' template needs to be updated!",
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by gwheelo »

you need to get something such as Scooter Software Beyond Compare .
Wow! That makes life a lot easier!

Thanks Ray!

gw
Trainman
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Trainman »

mcrossley wrote:
Trainman wrote:My data download counter is in a bit of hurry. The var g_count is set to 60 sec. It is counting from 60 but it is counting down in double speed i.e 30 seconds. :?: http://www.kvistgaardvejr.dk/gauges-ss.htm
I´m running ver. 1.5.4 - 2012-02-21.
You need to remove the "init()" from the <body> tag in your HTML.
Thank you, that did it. I can´t even remember where that init() comes from, :? i have made a redesign of my site, it´s a reminicens from the old site.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Now I can proudly say/write "I told you so, George..." :D

George, I have been using the professional version of Beyond Compare for the past four years and I could not live without that utility - I have also tried IDM Computer Solutions UltraCompare but found its interface too annoying and the program a bit too 'heavy'.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Ray, I meant to change that message, but forgot what it was I meant to be doing age thing :bash:
l didn't bother putting it in LANG as it should only appear at page setup time, not something an end user should ever see.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Mark, as you indicated, the message might/should only appear at page setup time ... but what if the station operator forgets to replace an older version of the 'realtimegaugesT.txt' with a newer release and does not look at the SteelSeries Gauges page after an update! :roll: You know as well as I do those 'things' happen! :twisted: Thus my second suggestion - that some new parameters be added to the language file ... for all those station operators (and their users) that do not read/speak/write english properly... :mrgreen:
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Mark, I am told that your gauges are going down well with Weather Display users (I hope you're getting commission for the extra sales they are no doubt generating ;) ) and that you even have your own section in the forum there. We can't have people saying that your gauges are being better supported for WD users than Cumulus, so would it be useful to have a separate section of the forum here? This thread is getting rather long...
Steve
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Steve, they had started using them anyway, so rather than have a butchered version for WD floating around I thought it best to adapt the core script and make it 'Weather Program' agnostic - mainly just replacing the realtime file with a template for your favourite program. There is no fear of me moving over though! It may also indirectly benefit Cumulus as the script gets adapted to fit in with Ken's weather web site templates - which seem to be de rigour for WD users - means that Cumulus users using Kens code will be able to utilise their work too - maybe Ken will integrate it 'officially' :o

This thread IS far too unwieldy, maybe a separate mini-forum would be a good idea so we can have an announcements thread and people can start their own support threads - and hopefully more people can start chipping in answering the more common/basic questions, I've got lots of other 'stuff' I want to do!

Google has also found a couple of people of have adapted the SteelSeries gauges to some Linux free/shareware based sites too!

Edit: I have never made anything out any software - maybe I give it away too readily, I made less than £20 out of over 800,000 downloads of dontationware, loads of great feedback and requests for enhancements though! Maybe the iStore model has got something going for it.

Cheers
Mark
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Folks, we now have a sub-forum for SteelSeries. Can you stop posting to this topic and start your own for any future queries. Ta
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by nitrx »

mcrossley wrote:The download has now been moved to the announcements topic
You are not authorised to access this area... :shock:
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I've changed it to a sticky - is that better?
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by nitrx »

mcrossley wrote:I've changed it to a sticky - is that better?
Wel you should edit the first post in this thread to https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5478 because the displayed link there leads to a restricted area.. That should be te solution I think. Oeps edit I mean https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7186 :bash: