To upgrade from a previous version, just run the installer and install to the same place as your existing installation (the installer should offer this as the default). If you don't want the installer to overwrite your web templates (because you have modified yours, for example), you can deselect the option to install them during the installation. The new templates will still be installed to web\originals so that you can look at them. It's a good idea to take a backup of your data folder (at least) before upgrading.
Many thanks to all the beta testers. Note that this build has a few small changes (in diagnostic logging) from the last beta build, so beta testers should upgrade to this version.
Main changes from version 1.9.3:
- Support of recent models of Instromet weather stations
- Added new monthly and yearly rain parameters to Weatherbug uploads
- Sending of location data to Twitter is now optional
- New web tag: <#MinutesSinceLastRainTip> - The number of minutes since the last rain gauge tip, in whole numbers, rounded down
- Change CWOP header to use "TCPIP*" rather than the deprecated "TCPXX*"; prevents CWOP uploads failing on some servers
- Option to save NOAA-style reports with UTF-8 encoding
- Add "rc" parameter to <#latitude> and <#longitude> web tags. If the "dp" parameter has been supplied, then supplying "rc=y" in addition will cause any decimal comma to be converted to a decimal point.
- For Davis stations, read the high gust value from the console once a minute, in case the high value was missed during normal reading. Note that this only works for midnight start of day configurations, the console can't supply the correct figure for 0900 start of day.
- For 'easyweather.dat' input method: Read UV and Lux values from easyweather.dat file if 'extra sensors' selected.
- Ignore outdoor data if 'sensor contact lost' set in Fine Offset logger data
- Option to turn off reporting of 'lost sensor contact' for Fine Offset stations. Add a line to the Station] section of cumulus.ini:
- Optional parameter (dp) on <#latitude> and <#longitude> web tags. If supplied, instead of the usual web-encoded text format with degrees/minutes/seconds, the result is in decimal degrees to the specified number of decimal places. E.g
<#latitude> gives "N 59° 14' 33"" for N 59 14 33
<#latitude dp=5> gives "59.24250"
Negative latitudes are South, negative longitudes are West.
- Calculate theoretical solar max when using logger data, even if station has no solar sensor
- Set Davis and Instromet clock (if configured) at 0400 as well as at start up
- Add 'rain since midnight' to monthly log files(this is for 0900/1000 'rollover' users; normally same as rain today for 'midnight rollover' users)
- Web tag <#RecentTS>. Takes parameters like the 'recent data' web tags (e.g. <#RecentOutsideTemp>) and gives the timestamp of the data that will be returned for those web tags with the supplied parameters (it may not have the data for the exact time specified). Format can be specified in the usual way with the 'format' parameter.
<#RecentOutsideTemp h=1 m=1> will give the nearest available temperature on or after one hour and one minute ago.
<#RecentTS h=1 m=1> will give the time and date of the nearest available data on or after one hour and one minute ago.
- Also 'Replaced Comma' versions of the 'recent history' web tags, where decimals are changed to decimal points if required(the others are integers):
- Select-A-Graph now has units in titles
- Calibration setting for wet bulb temp (when read directly from station)
- Show wet bulb as mouseover on dew point figure on main screen
- Added support for HTTP proxies
- Many other changes and bug fixes