Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

AirQuality charts

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Re: AirQuality charts

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

I think I have now finally arrived at my preferred ExtraSensors page and graphs with the subscript 2.5 rather than the clunky PM2P5.

In the process of getting there I came across a possible bug in setting up the strings.ini. When I changed a pre existing stings file and ran the cmd website my site detail did not change, this caused me to stop, think and explore. Apparently the strings.ini file writes to the CUstringsEN.ini which then is read to the website. My issue was that a change in the strings.ini did not appear to overwrite a pre existing CUstringsEN.ini.

My solution was to remove the CUstringsEN.ini file, change the strings.ini file and then run the cmd website. With this process I was able to get the subscripts I wanted and all looks well with the world.

By the way if any one needs the code for subscript in UTF 8 it is &#832 so for PM2.5 the code is PM&#8322&#823.&#8325.

EDIT Hans this is not a problem at all. My picnic issues!! :groan:
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

OK, well done.

I know the translation (or description changes as you did) and the strings are lrelated but I don't remember exactly in which order. It has become even a bit more complex after I revised the ExtraSensor module using the strings.ini as descriptions but no longer leading for the configuration.

I understand you're not in a hurry, good, I may look at it in a later stage ;)
Thanks for working this out.

Suggestion: I am not sure but I think you can use <sub> and <sup> HTML tags in the HighCharts title, tooltip and axis descriptions. (at least for the title).
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 12 (RPi5)

Post by philpugh »

Andy - you may want to check your encoding for the PM2.5 as there appears to be an additional character before the 2 which is dsplayed over the M of PM. (At least on my Firefox browser). The PM10 does not have the same issue.
Phil Pugh
GW1100 + WH65/WH57/WH31;GW1100 + WS68/WH40A (also with HP25xx console); GW2001 WittBoy
CumulusMX V4 / CUtils V7
Raspberry Pi 5 64bit
https://goosegate.uk/
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 12 (RPi5)

Post by philpugh »

Just tried MS EDGE on Windows (the Firefox was under Kubuntu 22.10). There is an additional character (a 'grave' accent). In Edge this is displayed above the . of 2.5 but no sign of a vertical line !
Phil Pugh
GW1100 + WH65/WH57/WH31;GW1100 + WS68/WH40A (also with HP25xx console); GW2001 WittBoy
CumulusMX V4 / CUtils V7
Raspberry Pi 5 64bit
https://goosegate.uk/
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans and Phil

A bit more persistence and I found that for the strings.ini file PM sub 2.5 can be represented with PM<sub>2.5</sub> but this does not work on the chart heading in Charts.def. That needs to be the &8322 route.
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 18 Feb 2023 3:53 pm A bit more persistence and I found that for the strings.ini file PM sub 2.5 can be represented with PM<sub>2.5</sub> but this does not work on the chart heading in Charts.def. That needs to be the &8322 route.
That is simply setting the useHTML to true for the titles, labels etc... It is possible to use HTML features in HighCharts. I'll switch that on by default in the HighchartsDefaults.js in the distribution. Makes life easier than using those codes doesn't it?

It's just that nobody asked :lol:
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Therein lies the problem if you don't know what is available you cannot ask the question. You just don't know what you don't know :D
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 18 Feb 2023 4:12 pm Therein lies the problem if you don't know what is available you cannot ask the question. You just don't know what you don't know :D
You should not act upon what is available but on what you want and ask if that is possible. I'll tell you then if it is (not) available.
On the other hand: puzzling your own route through the jungle is kind of fun and educational :D
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

It's trouble in Jersey again, more progress on long data series for the extra sensors.

After a couple of aborted attempts with custom logs using various webtags I was aware that all I was doing was only generating a csv type text file in the /data folder and whilst I could use it to export to phpmysqlmyadmin the date and time columns were not correctly formatted.

The solution was to use CMX MySQL settings Custom Uploads-Minutes as the method to collect and transfer data with the correct datetime format.
The SQL comand for me was as follows;

INSERT IGNORE INTO AndyKExtraLog VALUES ('<#MySqlIntervalTime>','<#temp>','<#hum>','<#ExtraTemp1>','<#ExtraHum1>','<#ExtraDP1>','<#CO2>','<#CO2-24h>','<#CO2-pm2p5>','<#CO2-pm2p5-24h>','<#CO2-pm10>','<#CO2-pm10-24h>','<#avgbearing>','<#r24hour>');

For me the key was the <#MySqlIntervalTime> tag which generates the correct datetime format and also recognising the use of '<#webtag>', as the way to setup the various data sets.

The next setup process was to create a new table in phpmysqlmyadmin with the correct number of columns, the first of which needs to be the primary-key to contain the datetime tag, the primary key can only be set with the table empty of data.

The data transfer rate was set at every 15 mins which seems appropriate for this type of data.

With a bit of luck this can now keep running for a good while and will provide the basis for long term measurements.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

Interesting.
But what I don't see is:
  1. What will you do with the data in the MySQL database.
  2. Where does the database reside?
  3. This is not really CustomLogs but more the MySQL variation of it. OK if you are into MySQL :)
Hans