Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Forecast display options - suggestion

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
DanielF
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue, serial logger
Operating System: Win10Pro64

Re: Forecast display options - suggestion

Post by DanielF »

Steve,

Your option 1 has merit. I don't know about other brands/models of AWS, but in mine I had to set the Rel pressure myself (you might remeber my initial confusion and long discussion before it 'clicked' and I understood what to do :oops: ). So having to do that, I then know the offset for my station and could easily set the same in Cumulus.

But if that's not how other stations work, yes, there would be problems!
Daniel
Gerroa ('paradise'), Australia
Gerroa weather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

DanielF wrote:But if that's not how other stations work, yes, there would be problems!
Other stations supply sea-level pressure over the PC interface (including archive data) so as long as the station is calibrated, it's not an issue. So this 'facility' would just be for Fine Offset stations.

The problems I envisaged were along the lines of people not understanding what the value was that should be entered...

Steve
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

...people not understanding what the value was that should be entered...
Now that I understand the process of setting the 'Rel' (normalised) pressure, I could write a little blurb on it to post in your FAQ and/or Help docs. But really, if it's only for Fine Offset stations, I wouldn't worry about it Steve. I'll just be more vigilant when starting Cumulus, to check that it and the base station agree. I don't expect errors occur that often.
Daniel
Gerroa weather
Frank02

Post by Frank02 »

Hi Daniel,

I haven't followed all of your other threads but just wish to let you know, in case you are not aware, that using Cumulus and the Easy Weather software (that comes with Fine Offset stations) at the same time often result in data corruption within the station memory. Sometimes it's not obvious right away though.

Please note that this doesn't mean that it was the problem in this particular case.
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

Frank,

Thanks for the tip. I remember previously reading that information somewhere on this forum, and have been careful to never have both running simultaneously.
Daniel
Gerroa weather