Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dumb Questions.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Warrandyte
Weather Station: Fine Offset with Solar
Operating System: Windows XP, 7 8 and 10

Dumb Questions.

Post by Warrandyte »

Sorry few dumb questions.

I tried accessing (remote pc IP):8998 via the internal LAN but got nothing, is it only accessible locally? it does say initialising on port 8002 for the web interface however 8998 is the admin port.

Can I just copy the data files across to pick up history?

People mention using the Cumulus ini file, but that is not found in the local install after it has been running.

Are there any exceptions to the webtags that are not supported by CMX?

is the .pdb file readable with other applications?

Otherwise, great work Steve, Thanks. Happy for it not to be donationware when it comes out of beta.
duke

Re: Dumb Questions.

Post by duke »

Warrandyte wrote:Sorry few dumb questions.
Can I just copy the data files across to pick up history?

People mention using the Cumulus ini file, but that is not found in the local install after it has been running.

Are there any exceptions to the webtags that are not supported by CMX?
These are all thoroughly covered by Steve in the MX announcements thread where you down loaded MX. Read through the later postings though as the initial post has not been updated and some of the 'non-functioning' tags do now.
madsandrup
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2B

Post by madsandrup »

For help to remotely access your Cumulus MX, see this thread: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ll#p101178
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Warrandyte wrote:People mention using the Cumulus ini file, but that is not found in the local install after it has been running.
The Cumulus.ini file gets written when Cumulus stops, or when you change any settings. It must be on your system as Cumulus wouldn't work properly when it start up again.
is the .pdb file readable with other applications?
What is it that you want to do with it? It contains debugging information created by the compiler. This kind of question makes me nervous - I guess I need to add a clause in the licence about reverse engineering.
Steve
lds
Weather Station: WMR-928NX
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Post by lds »

Which files need to be uploaded to website? Is it the files in" webfiles" folder or "web" folder? And do the files within the folder have to be uploaded separately?
Help please.
Cheers, Laurie.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The contents of the webfiles folder, keeping the same structure. It's exactly the same as with Cumulus 1, just select all of the top-level contents of the webfiles folder in your ftp client and drag them to your ftp server.
Steve