Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reworked default websites

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Re: Reworked default websites

Post by flort »

Hi Keith,

Looks like you made the same mistake as me. If your data files are uploaded to the same directory as the html files then you need to modify ws-extra.js file. On line 13 set the variable dataPath as shown below:

Code: Select all

let dataPath = '';
Regards,
Trevor
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

Thank you very much, Trevor. Works perfectly. I would never have twigged to that fix!
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

Could I please have some guidance as to how to reduce the diameter of the gauges so that they fit better into the boxes? I have tried to resize them without result. The latest version of the above applies.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 114536.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
NeilThomas
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Sat 25 Nov 2023 1:51 am Could I please have some guidance as to how to reduce the diameter of the gauges so that they fit better into the boxes? I have tried to resize them without result. The latest version of the above applies.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 114536.png
Hi.

The gauge size is determined by a css value in the css/gauges.css file. However, I suggest that you edit the gauges.html and change the .ow-gaugeStandard class to .ow.gaugeSmall. This is more work but is guaranteed to succeed. The lines to edit in the gauges.html file are: 84, 90, 96, 102, 108, 114, 120, 132, 138, 144 and 150. Be aware that the issue you are experiencing will only occur on a very small number of screen sizes. I have tested the responsive qualities of the site on tables and phones but have not been able to get the gauges to exceed the size of the panels in any situation. Remember that this is a intended as a public site and you won't know what size screen the visitor is using.

If you want to change the css values, you can but I think Mark would advise that the values use must end in an odd number hence the values used. I have found that using different values can be unpredictable with shadows and outlines not properly matching all elements in the gauges.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4021
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

@Neil Thomas
The gauge size is determined by a css value in the css/gauges.css file. However, I suggest that you edit the gauges.html and change the .ow-gaugeStandard class to .ow.gaugeSmall. This is more work but is guaranteed to succeed. The lines to edit in the gauges.html file are: 84, 90, 96, 102, 108, 114, 120, 132, 138, 144 and 150. Be aware that the issue you are experiencing will only occur on a very small number of screen sizes. I have tested the responsive qualities of the site on tables and phones but have not been able to get the gauges to exceed the size of the panels in any situation. Remember that this is a intended as a public site and you won't know what size screen the visitor is using.

If you want to change the css values, you can but I think Mark would advise that the values use must end in an odd number hence the values used. I have found that using different values can be unpredictable with shadows and outlines not properly matching all elements in the gauges.

Neil
My edit of gauges.html resulted in very much the same size gauge appearing on my page so I resorted to editing the css values. Please see the result on
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/gauges.html.

Rather than having to use 4 drop down boxes as is provided on the latest version of default website, in their place I would very much like to use the combined format for All Time Records which is included in the CMX Interface. I have tried a few things with ai2/records.html and have been unable to get it to work in the default website. If you can see your way clear, I would very much appreciate it if you could advise me how this could be achieved.

best wishes
Keith
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 11:42 am @Neil Thomas

Neil
My edit of gauges.html resulted in very much the same size gauge appearing on my page so I resorted to editing the css values. Please see the result on
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/gauges.html.

Rather than having to use 4 drop down boxes as is provided on the latest version of default website, in their place I would very much like to use the combined format for All Time Records which is included in the CMX Interface. I have tried a few things with ai2/records.html and have been unable to get it to work in the default website. If you can see your way clear, I would very much appreciate it if you could advise me how this could be achieved.

best wishes
Hi.

I'm glad that you have managed to sort the issue. With regards to the 4 vs 1 page for records, I have also thought that that is ripe for review. The issue is that the 'monthly records' page loads all month into tables and then hides them all except for the required one. Whereas the other pages use discrete webtags. I'll take a look when I have time in the near future.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4021
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

@NeilThomas

Thanks for your prompt reply, Neil. Keep up your great work! :D :D

I will keep an eye out for your proposed work on this issue. In the meantime, I will use the 4 drop down box version.

Best wishes.
Keith
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Sun 26 Nov 2023 7:57 pm @NeilThomas

Thanks for your prompt reply, Neil. Keep up your great work! :D :D

I will keep an eye out for your proposed work on this issue. In the meantime, I will use the 4 drop down box version.

Best wishes.
Hi all

Further to the request to generate a single Records page similar to the Interface, I have produced a zip file containing the tow scrips and a readme file. I recommend unzipping outside your CumulusMX installation and then uploading the html and js scripts to their appropriate location on your web server.

If there is sufficient demand I will include it in the next update to the default website. Please read the 'ReadMe.txt' file
all-records.zip
Enjoy.

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
flort

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

I think this is a much better way to display records. I would support having this as the default.

Just a note, in the ReadMe.txt file there needs to be a comma at the end of the change to line 22 otherwise the menu won't load. Similarly on the optional line to display an All Records page.

Regards,
Trevor
flort

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

Just one issue with the new Records page. When the page opens all the data shows as "undefined" until you click on one of the buttons. It may be related to the fact that when you click on Current Month it shows all records for the month instead of just the current month. Is there a way to force it to display Current Month (or whatever else) immediately?

Regards,
Trevor
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

@NeilThomas

Thanks for your great work on my request to make All Records available on one page. Mine seems to be working as expected. :D :D

I vote for that new page to be made the default in this area.

@flort

See mine as newly installed and the above comments.
Keith
flort

Post by flort »

Hi Keith,

I'll have to look at my installation again. My NOAA page is not working so I've got something not quite right.

I do note that your "This Month" does not work. It shows all records for the month of December instead of December 2023.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 6:57 am Hi Keith,

I'll have to look at my installation again. My NOAA page is not working so I've got something not quite right.

I do note that your "This Month" does not work. It shows all records for the month of December instead of December 2023.

Regards,
Trevor
Oops, yes, I’ve just realised that the way I implemented this pulls the wrong set of data. I’ll adjust it today.

Neil
Neil Thomas
flort

Post by flort »

Following on from Keith's response, I have reloaded the entire site but am still unable to get the NOAA Reports to display. I have compared my files with Keith's and everything is identical so can't understand why this is happening. I've created a test site at http://flor.byethost24.com/test/index.html.

The noaareports.js file has the path set correctly -
js.jpg
And the reports exist under that path -
report.jpg
Any thoughts?

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 9:22 am Following on from Keith's response, I have reloaded the entire site but am still unable to get the NOAA Reports to display. I have compared my files with Keith's and everything is identical so can't understand why this is happening. I've created a test site at http://flor.byethost24.com/test/index.html.

The noaareports.js file has the path set correctly -

js.jpg

And the reports exist under that path -

report.jpg

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Trevor
I'm working on the Reports page at present but I'll put it on my to do list and get back to you.
Neil Thomas