Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reworked default websites

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Reworked default websites

Post by NeilThomas »

HansR wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 11:03 am Hi Neil,

Looks better, thanks.

Two remarks:
  1. The temp unit looks like Units: °C & %, that seems incorrect;
  2. The timestamp has the @-sign removed, that probably is a choice, however missing it kind of confuses though it is readable when realised.
    Personally I prefer it with the @-sign.
Hi Hans

The % is included just because there are relative humidities in there but I cannot find any missing '@' symbols. They are all generated by css.

Glad you like it.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4021
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Neil,
Again great work. I generally use Edge on my weather PC with 22" monitor and it seems to distort some of the rainfall data in the Today/Yesterday page. The same in Firefox in full screen view, and is fine in Chrome.
See attached.

Is there any reason to show Yesterday on the left and Today on the right? The title says Today vs Yesterday to which I would normally relate Today first (on the left). CMX has it Today on the left for both localhost Dashboard and standard website.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I am being thick, where on the Wiki is this?
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 4:22 pm I am being thick, where on the Wiki is this?
I have not released it yet, as it can be seen there are some issues that I will resolve before hand.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4021
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

PaulMy wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 3:43 pm Hi Neil,
Again great work. I generally use Edge on my weather PC with 22" monitor and it seems to distort some of the rainfall data in the Today/Yesterday page. The same in Firefox in full screen view, and is fine in Chrome.
See attached.

Is there any reason to show Yesterday on the left and Today on the right? The title says Today vs Yesterday to which I would normally relate Today first (on the left). CMX has it Today on the left for both localhost Dashboard and standard website.

Enjoy,
Paul
Thanks Paul.

I will investigate. I had tested on all variations of safari screens including iPad an iPhone. I will check what’s happening on Edge browsers.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Hello Neil, OK sorry thought since Hans and Paul have loaded it it must be released!! :bash:
David
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

NeilThomas wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 2:42 pm The % is included just because there are relative humidities in there but I cannot find any missing '@' symbols. They are all generated by css.
Aha - nevertheless: % is not really a unit - and the @-sign must have been a cache thing. Refresh solved all.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

NeilThomas wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 4:54 pm
PaulMy wrote: Tue 20 Jun 2023 3:43 pm Hi Neil,
See attached.

Enjoy,
Paul
Thanks Paul.

I will investigate. I had tested on all variations of safari screens including iPad an iPhone. I will check what’s happening on Edge browsers.

Neil.
Hi Paul.

This is proving interesting. When I load the page in Firefox, it displays as described by you. However, when I invoke developer mode in Firefox, it displays properly. I'm going to try a completely different layout to see if I can solve it. This may well involve re-reversing the order of the data. I have also found that if I make sure it's using https://weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk/todayyest.html it seems to display correctly. Can you see if that solves the issue

Neil.
Neil Thomas
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Neil,
I am using the URL link in your last post.
On my Windows 10 PC with 22" monitor using Edge, FF, and Chrome the Today/Yesterday Rainfall is NOT displaying correctly, see attached. In a quick glance in all the other tabs they are displaying correctly in all 3 browsers.

On my Windows 8 PC with 22" monitor using Chrome, FF and Opera it is the same.

On my Lenovo 15" laptop Windows 10 using Edge is the same distorted, but Chrome and Firefox display correctly.

On another Lenovo 15" laptop with Windows 11 sing edge it is the same distorted. This laptop is for some non-profit volunteering I do and do not have Firefox or Chrome on this.

I'll gladly check anything further if that will help.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VP2+
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi Paul

Sorry, but I am unable to reproduce your problem. Please see below 3 screen shots - one using Firefox, one using Safari and one using Safari but configured to Microsoft Edge. I have checked all the coding and it is correct and consistent on all panels.
Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 16.27.33.png
Screenshot Safari 2023-06-21.png
Screenshot FireFox.png
I don't have a Windows machine and I don't want to try to install Edge as I really don't like Microsoft!

Sorry I cannot help

Neil.
Neil Thomas
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Neil,
No problem, was just providing comment of what I see here. Your screen capture views look great!

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

PaulMy wrote: Wed 21 Jun 2023 3:58 pm Hi Neil,
No problem, was just providing comment of what I see here. Your screen capture views look great!

Enjoy,
Paul
Hi Paul

Just hit the same issue on Safari - it's to do with the height of the screen. As the height changes, so does the size of the font. I think I've tried to be too clever with responsive text sizes. I'll revamp this for both the default site and the AI as it obviously doesn't work as I intended. As a temporary fix just make the height of the browser slightly smaller (or larger if you can).

Neil.
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi Paul

I believe the issue is now solved. My attempts at responsive fonts was to blame and this has now been improved. :bash: Would appreciate feedback.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Hello Neil, so is it available via the Wiki?
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Thu 22 Jun 2023 7:18 am Hello Neil, so is it available via the Wiki?
Hi

It will be shortly. I just need to create a small number of theme style sheets to go with it and it will be ready to go.

Neil.
Neil Thomas