Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

National Geographic 265NC from Wal Mart.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
AlongTheWay
Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
Operating System: Vista Business SP2 64 Bit

National Geographic 265NC from Wal Mart.

Post by AlongTheWay »

This is some info that I have found out using an National Geographic 265NC weather station purchase at Wal Mart in Canada.
When you install you weather station it comes with Easy Weather Version 2 software. This software is for one computer only. I use Cumulus to be able to expand my view by putting the info through Cumulus software onto my website. Now with this relatively cheap Easy Weather software and weather station there are a few glitches in getting the Cumulus software to link to the National Geographic weather station output.
Here are a few things of what I had to do to get the Cumulus software to connect to my National Geographic weather station:
1: I have to run Easy Weather software at the same time as Cumulus Software (turning on Easy weather software first and giving it a minute to load all the info)
2: On my Configuration / Station / Station Type I had to click the button for FINE OFFSET (Not Easy Weather)
3: I sometime have to reload Cumulus a few times to get the data transfer to get the info from the National Geographic weather station setup. ( And you always have to wait a bit for the information to get to Cumulus after you start Cumulus).
Once I have the info on the Cumulus software screen then it will keep that data continuously until you shut your computer down. (Which happens to me every Wednesday night when Microsoft downloads updates for Vista) ;)

Hope this helps someone as this works for me. But it may or may not work for your system. I am suspecting that further Cumulus updates may help in getting a better link with this Weather Station.
Also if any members out there have any suggestions on how I make my connection please let me know as I may be missing something and linking up the hard way. Thank you

Steve
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: National Geographic 265NC from Wal Mart.

Post by Super-T »

You shouldn't be running Easyweather and Cumulus at the same time....they compete for the data on the USB.
Just set Cumulus up to be "Fine Offset" (the manufacturer of your Station) and forget Easyweather unless you want to use it to setup some details on the desktop unit. Never run them together.
Easyweather Version 2 is well out of date...latest is 6.1
http://www.foshk.com/en/products/show.asp?id=42
AlongTheWay
Operating System: Vista Business SP2 64 Bit

Post by AlongTheWay »

Made some errors on my setup. Am now running Cumulus software on its own. It is working good now. Thank you for your help.
akasonny
Weather Station: Zephyr TD-1000
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by akasonny »

From one Steve to another:

I find this kind of unusual. Those of us who use the various-named weather stations (Zephyr, etc., which are really all just Fine Offsets) use Easy Weather to do the initial setup....save the setup...then close Easy Weather. Then, Cumulus is loaded...reads the data...and begins its "thing".

I'm wondering if, in the Cumulus control screen, you have the Configuration-->Station setup properly. I'm unable to troubleshoot your FTP log or your Debug log (but that might become necessary by someone else).

If you've set this up properly, then this is a very different sort of weather station.

AlongTheWay wrote:1: I have to run Easy Weather software at the same time as Cumulus Software (turning on Easy weather software first and giving it a minute to load all the info)
nb_799

Post by nb_799 »

Recently I've found when downloading the data from the unit to my laptop there is data missing, once in August and again in January the memory showed it was at 75% and I downloaded it but there is about 14 days worth of data missing. It's storing updates every 15 minutes. Is this simply batteries?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

nb_799 wrote:Recently I've found when downloading the data from the unit to my laptop there is data missing, once in August and again in January the memory showed it was at 75% and I downloaded it but there is about 14 days worth of data missing. It's storing updates every 15 minutes. Is this simply batteries?
Unlikely to be batteries. I'd need to see the diags files from the runs when this occurred, but it's almost certainly too long ago now. What's your normal pattern of running Cumulus - you leave it switched off overnight and run it during the day?
Steve