Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Editing High 24h rain records in b3202

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

Editing High 24h rain records in b3202

Post by Ned »

My all time records are showing a crazy value of over 9000mm of rain for a 24 hour period, but the editor will not allow any change to it. No other field has that problem.
Same applies when I try to edit the error in Monthly Records or This Year's Records.
There is no rogue rainfall showing for the particular day in Dayfile or the corresponding month's log data.
Cheers!
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Editing High 24h rain records in b3202

Post by HansR »

The same here.
Besides that, I think the setting of the records by CreateMissing goes wrong somewhere too: all 24 hr rain records are wrong (different from what the dayfile shows, I did not check the numbers in the dayfile)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Ned wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 10:36 pm My all time records are showing a crazy value of over 9000mm of rain for a 24 hour period, but the editor will not allow any change to it. No other field has that problem.
Same applies when I try to edit the error in Monthly Records or This Year's Records.
There is no rogue rainfall showing for the particular day in Dayfile or the corresponding month's log data.
Cheers!
My advice would be if your dayfile is okay, use the functionality that if you click on the dayfile value in each editor you can confirm you want to copy that value into the extreme record; then click on the date/time column for dayfile and confirm you want to copy that over.

This technique worked successfully for me.
HansR wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:41 am the setting of the records by CreateMissing goes wrong somewhere too: all 24 hr rain records are wrong
"Create Missing" utility only inserts missing entries into dayfile.txt, it does not update the extreme records, you do that manually as mentioned in Mark's 3.20.0 release announcement
When completed, you will need to revisit your records editors to update the records. Do this for your all-time, yearly, monthly and this months records.
Also says this at the very short After running Create Missing.

Mark did some work 2 years ago on a "Create Records" utility, which I believe was planned to do what you suggest, but everyone keeps him too busy modifying MX for that to be finished.
Last edited by sfws on Tue 23 Aug 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As pointed out CreateMissing does not change any records entries, you have to do that manually.
CreateMissing isn't perfect either, some of the data is just beyond what it can cope with (rain counter resets, jumps etc) and odd values may need refining - I had four instances of this in my data since Jan 2010.

If the editor is not working then I suggest you flush the browser cache, you probably have a cached script file.
HansR

Post by HansR »

sfws wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:57 am
HansR wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:41 am the setting of the records by CreateMissing goes wrong somewhere too: all 24 hr rain records are wrong
"Create Missing" utility only inserts missing entries into dayfile.txt, it does not update the extreme records, you do that manually as mentioned in Mark's 3.20.0 release announcement
In my system there appears an all time 24 hr record on june 9th:
High 24 hour rain 24,8 mm donderdag 9 juni 2022 00:45
which appears also in the this year records list. So there must be some inconsistency here then.
The individual months don't have records, they show a dash (-).
sfws wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:57 am When completed, you will need to revisit your records editors to update the records. Do this for your all-time, yearly, monthly and this months records.
That is what the first two posts were about: the editors don't work.

Btw: there is no dotted line below the 24 hr record in the editor screens, only in the This Months record editor.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 8:00 am As pointed out CreateMissing does not change any records entries, you have to do that manually.
CreateMissing isn't perfect either, some of the data is just beyond what it can cope with (rain counter resets, jumps etc) and odd values may need refining - I had four instances of this in my data since Jan 2010.
OK. The inconsistency is confusing though.
mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 8:00 am If the editor is not working then I suggest you flush the browser cache, you probably have a cached script file.
Nope, does not work.

[EDIT] beside that, it does work for the This Month's record editor (which btw takes much longer to load).
Hans

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

HansR wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 8:15 am
mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 8:00 am If the editor is not working then I suggest you flush the browser cache, you probably have a cached script file.
Nope, does not work.

[EDIT] beside that, it does work for the This Month's record editor (which btw takes much longer to load).
Ha! Guess which one I just tried - This Month.

Attached are fixed scripts for the other editors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

OK, working. Thnx.
Hans

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 8:35 am Attached are fixed scripts for the other editors.
Now I understand, those new items did not have the dashed lines under them in the interface editors (see HansR reply that quoted my earlier post) because the JS in the 3202 zip had not defined them as editable (which is the only change made in the new script versions in your recent post). I however thought I would be prone to clicking wrong key so I never thought of trying to overtype the values in the extreme record editors.

In v3.18.0 b3190 release you added the ability to click on values (or date/times) displayed from dayfile (or log), and get a pop-up with a "copy across" option, but you did not add any text onto editor pages to say that functionality existed. I suspect many people are either unaware of that enhancement or have forgotten about it.

The reason why updating the extreme records took almost no time, and the (as release 3202) scripts successfully amended those extreme records for me, was in following your instructions in your release announcement, I understood what you were saying needed to be done. Reading your release announcement again, it fails to explain to people clearly that what they need to do is as follows:
First edit dayfile.txt with the new Create Missing, then use the new Reload Dayfile in the new Utils menu, and then in each editor use the ability to copy value and then time-stamp from the dayfile column.

In both the first two posts here, there was an assumption the only way to edit the extreme records was by trying to type over the contents, which the scripts in release don't permit. So the problems were due to a combination of missed edit in scripts and lack of clear instructions.
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

Post by Ned »

Thanks for the fixes, editors now functional - now I just have to invent some believable records :D