Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Length of day

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

pkiener
Weather Station: Davis Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows 10

Length of day

Post by pkiener »

I am seeing a length of day difference between what I see on my website (weather.paulkiener.com) and what is contained in the webtag. Today, the time difference is 3 minutes. I cannot find why there would be a difference between the webtag and what is displayed on my webpage. I have a local-network website, running on a pi, that does not have this discrepancy.

This is a partial screen shot of what is seen on my website:
WebSite.jpg

This is what is seen when I do an inspection of the source code on the webpage:
InspectTheSource.jpg

And this is a partial screen shot of the webtag as downloaded from CumulusMX:
webtag.jpg
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Paul
weather.paulkiener.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Length of day

Post by mcrossley »

Where is the value on your web site coming from? I'm not familiar with the Saratoga template, does it calculate it, or use a web site, or...?

I'd suspect slight differences in the lat/long used, or just the algorithm used.
pkiener
Weather Station: Davis Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Length of day

Post by pkiener »

Thank you, Mark for your reply. I'm afraid that I have the same, basic question as you: "where is the value on [the] web site coming from?" I don't know.

There must be a setting somewhere, but I can't find it. As I tried to mention in my initial post, I am running a local web site that uses the same files as my main site. On this local site, there is no difference between the webtag value and the value on the main page. And as far as I know, both sites are using the same files (I try to make sure that when I update one/more file on one site, I do the same for the other.)

There is a file "get-USNO-sunmoon.php" which gets sun/moon data from https://api.usno.navy.mil/rstt/oneday. However, I am not entirely sure how this file works.

Paul
weather.paulkiener.com