Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WittFlow smart water timer WFC01

Weather station hardware not applicable to any other subforum.
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

WittFlow smart water timer WFC01

Post by Nossie »

The Smart Water Timer is equipped with a flow meter as well as a built-in temperature sensor(not provided in Beta test period), which not only functions as a water timer but also allows real-time monitoring of water flow and temperature. This provides you with a better understanding of water usage in your home or business. WFC01 supports cloud-based control, and all water usage log is stored in the cloud. Users can check their water usage anytime, manage and optimize it for more convenient control and achieve more scientific and rational water usage.
https://shop.ecowitt.com/products/wittf ... ater-timer

Has anyone managed to test this yet? I was always interested in the Eve Aqua but for the cost etc the quality of the product was always in question for extended use.
I bought this to work with irrigation system, however I noticed that the flow was non existent, despite the product description saying ideal for use with irrigation system. Email eve tech support and they said that it’s not suitable as it has a flow restriction.
So I'm quite curious about this product, being able to tie in sensor information from other weather sensors and hopefully being open enough to interact with HA, nodered etc.

It's not on Amazon yet, so I contacted a UK supplier to see when it might be available. At the time I contacted - there was a bundle including the hub, water timer and moisture sensor for about £100 (as per the ecowitt site) but now they are just showing the water timer.

https://weatherspares.co.uk/collections ... 1051324632

Unfortunately, it's only compatible with the more modern GW2000 hub - no news if it will be backported to the older ones - which is a shame considering they go on about how open it is.
Good morning Ian and thank you for your message.

I have just spoken to my sales representative in the Hong Kong office and they are finalising the software update to support this with the GW2000 hub (version 3). They have started to take Pre-orders and we expect our first shipment to arrive at the end of August.
Anyway, just curious if anyone has been able to beta test this or had any other experience :)
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
Nossie

Re: WittFlow smart water timer WFC01

Post by Nossie »

Further WeatherSpares reply:
Yes we will be having the WFC01 and GW2000 bundle and also the WFC01, GW2000 and soil moisture sensor bundle. I noticed that the standalone WFC01 was incorrectly placed in the Weather Stations section rather than sensors & accessories. The bundles will be popped into the Weather Station section in the coming few days.
Ian.

Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

Nossie wrote: Sun 30 Jul 2023 9:38 am Unfortunately, it's only compatible with the more modern GW2000 hub - no news if it will be backported to the older ones - which is a shame considering they go on about how open it is.
Just guessing, but it may be a hardware restriction. Maybe the older gw’s do not have the needed hardware to send radio messages to the valve, since they are originally built only for receiving sensor data. Also maybe older models have a too small flash for the firmware containing all the code logic needed to control the system, or not enough ram to run it reliably. Of course one possibility is that they are focusing on getting it working properly with the newest gateway first, and then consider backporting the functionality to older products.
Nossie

Post by Nossie »

SamiS wrote: Sun 30 Jul 2023 10:58 am Just guessing, but it may be a hardware restriction.

To be fair that is a good point, question - do the GW2000s act as a wifi repeater? can you for example put one in a hut and use it as a bridge?
Ian.

broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

I'm certain the GW2000 cannot act as a WiFi extender. The radio transmission if at all would be on sensor frequency.

Stuart
Nossie

Post by Nossie »

So out of curiosity I bought the WFC01 sensor and the GW2000. If anyone is willing to write the code to support this sensor I'm more than happy to beta test.

I realise it's barely weather related ... but hey ho.
Ian.