Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Network issues with VV Console

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
tul9033
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Network issues with VV Console

Post by tul9033 »

I've got an old Vantage Vue Console 6351 I believe with an ethernet data logger. Still using Cumulus 1 to upload data to my website which is the primary purpose of this setup. Lately Cumulus has been losing connection with the console. It looks like the network connection to the console is dropping packets very frequently and will ultimately disconnect from Cumulus. Usually happens at least once a day.
I know my setup is long in the tooth, but it has worked for my needs. I suspect the ethernet data logger is dying a slow death. What are my options getting the data to Cumulus? Preferably on the cheap. I never look at the console, its only purpose in my setup is to get data to Cumulus. I'm seeing the 6100 Davis WeatherLink Live as a $230 possibility. Not really up on all the possibilities, any help is appreciated.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Network issues with VV Console

Post by mcrossley »

For the cheapest option you could look at getting a third-party USB logger and plug that directly into the computer. They do have to be close to each other to do that of course.

Next would be a WiFilogger - again third party - but it is like the Davis ethernet logger on steroids.

A Davis solution would be the 6100.
tul9033
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Network issues with VV Console

Post by tul9033 »

Thank you, I ended up buying the wifi logger for $130. I couldn't find a USB logger, which would of worked since the console is right next to the server.