Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue Console Wouldn't Connect with Cumulus 1

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
gwoodin
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Vantage Vue Console Wouldn't Connect with Cumulus 1

Post by gwoodin »

All,
I closed cumulus down, to initiate a day rain correction I had made on the console, and couldn't reconnect when I restarted cumulus.
The history section displayed, but I got an error message, saying 'check your connections'. I looked in my configuration page, and checked baud rate (19200) for a serial connection was correct in the console, and at my COM1 port on my pc.

Eventually, I discovered that the datalogger in the console, (a tiny device around an inch square), had been pulled out following tension on the cable to the pc.

After pressing it back into place, all functionality resumed.
For a while, I thought it was a cumulus 1/1/24 bug!. Remember the doomsday scenarios of when we reached year 2000?
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Vantage Vue Console Wouldn't Connect with Cumulus 1

Post by RayProudfoot »

I had a similar scare when the datalogger came out. Even pushing it back in didn't help connect to Cumulus. It required a reboot of the computer after which all was well again.

I try not to move either console or computer to keep my stress levels reasonable! :lol:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.