Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Issues Connecting to CumulusMX

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Stigian
Weather Station: 6242EU Vantage Vue
Operating System: Debian 12 (Bookworm)

Issues Connecting to CumulusMX

Post by Stigian »

Hi,

I am trying to pair the 6242EU Vantage Vue with CumulusMX. I have a pro subscription with WL. The information/error I am getting is;

Code: Select all

2024-01-02 15:54:44.545 Opening station type 11 - Davis WLL
2024-01-02 15:54:44.554 Last update: 2024-01-02T15:20:00
2024-01-02 15:54:47.380 Downloading Historic Data from WL.com from: 2024-01-02T15:20:00 to: 2024-01-02T15:54:47
2024-01-02 15:54:47.515  - No historic data available
2024-01-02 15:54:47.528 Normal running

2024-01-02 15:55:40 - GetWllCurrent: Base exception - Operation already in progress
2024-01-02 15:55:40 - GetWllCurrent: Error processing WLL response
2024-01-02 15:55:20 - ERROR: No broadcast data received from the WLL for 30 seconds
2024-01-02 15:55:17 - ERROR: No current data received from the WLL, DataStopped triggered
2024-01-02 15:55:17 - GetWllCurrent: Base exception - Operation already in progress
2024-01-02 15:55:17 - GetWllCurrent: Error processing WLL response
2024-01-02 15:55:00 - Minimum data set of pressure, temperature, and wind is not available and NoSensorCheck is not enabled. Skip processing
2024-01-02 15:54:54 - ERROR: No current data received from the WLL, DataStopped triggered
2024-01-02 15:54:54 - GetWllCurrent: Base exception - Operation already in progress
2024-01-02 15:54:54 - GetWllCurrent: Error processing WLL response
Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong here? By the way, can I also pair this weather station directly with CumulusMX?

Thx
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Issues Connecting to CumulusMX

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
Presumably you have a Weatherlink Live (WLL) device receiving from your Vue station and that uploads to Weatherlink.com, and yes CumulusMX can connect directly with the station (through the WLL) and with a WL.com Pro subscription it will get archived data from WL.com whenever you restart CMX.

From the limited MXdiags extract, I suggest you recheck all the Station settings and make sure you have the correct settings including Station type and Davis Weatherlink.com API details.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

Hi Paul,

For connectivity to my weather station i'm using the weatherlink console from Davis. If I bring up just the station directly to the weather station, using the Weatherlink Console IP address, the traffic should be through port 22222. If I do a telnet to this port I get no response.

2024-01-02 16:42:00.442 Minimum data set of pressure, temperature, and wind is not available and NoSensorCheck is not enabled. Skip processing
2024-01-02 16:42:15.900 GetWllCurrent: Error processing WLL response
2024-01-02 16:42:15.900 GetWllCurrent: Base exception - Connection refused
2024-01-02 16:42:15.900 ERROR: No current data received from the WLL, DataStopped triggered
2024-01-02 16:42:22.538 ERROR: No broadcast data received from the WLL for 30 seconds
2024-01-02 16:42:39.864 GetWllCurrent: Error processing WLL response
2024-01-02 16:42:39.864 GetWllCurrent: Base exception - Connection refused
2024-01-02 16:42:52.538 ERROR: No broadcast data received from the WLL for 30 seconds
These are the only error messages I get. What is noticeable is that CumulusMX uses a different station ID than what I see in WL. It looks like it is being converted

API V2 keys from WL are set.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
First thing is to clearly understand your set up, and this can be confusing because Davis uses Weatherlink for many different devices and programs/cloud...
It sounds as if you have a datalogger in the console, likely WeatherlinkIP or third-party equivalent, and this uploads to your station at Weatherlink.com, is that correct? If so then:
In Station Settings > General Settings you have selected Davis Vantage Pro/Vue?
In Davis VP/VP2/Vue > Davis Connections Settings you have Connection type [TCP/IP]?
In TCP/IP Settings > IP Address: you have the address of your IPLogger? and for > Disconnect Period you have likely something like 5?

This setup does not involve Weatherlink Live nor Weatherlink.com or APIs for CumulusMX to run.
When you do a CumulusMX restart it gets the archive data from the IPLogger.
With the Disconnect Period set it will allow the IPLogger to temporarily disconnect from CumulusMX so that the IPLogger can send data to Weatherlink.com and that data will be independent from CumulusMX, and then after the Disconnect period CumulusMX can again get access to the logger for normal live data.

If your setup is different let us know.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

In the meantime, I have delved a bit more into the Weatherlink Console. It is not accessible without an IP logger like e.g. WLL. I am now using WL for reading the data. Only MX does not want to read out the pressure yet. Maybe a setting?
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
In the meantime, I have delved a bit more into the Weatherlink Console. It is not accessible without an IP logger like e.g. WLL.
The WLL is independent and does not receive data from the console but receives the data directly from the ISS.
I am now using WL for reading the data. Only MX does not want to read out the pressure yet. Maybe a setting?
What type of "WL" are you using for reading the data?

In addition to getting data from a Davis console with logger or a WLL CumulusMX has recently introduced two new Davis station types, a Davis Weatherlink Cloud (Wll/WLC) and Davis Weatherlink Cloud (VP2). If you are uploading your Davis station data directly to Weatherlink.com these two new station types lets CumulusMX get access to that data, at the interval that your data is logged.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

Hi,
What type of "WL" are you using for reading the data?
I'm using Davis WeatherLink Cloud (VP2) atm with my Vue . I have a pro subscription
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I think what we are struggling with is exactly what hardware you have.

It sounds like you just have a Vue console, and that is fitted with a Davis IP logger? Or do you have a third-party logger like WiFi logger?

You have no external device like a WeatherLink Live (6100), or an Envoy.

If it just the console and IP logger. Then you need to select the station type as "Davis Vantage Pro2/Vue" and set the connection type to "TCP/IP" then enter your loggers IP address.

The bit of logfile you posted above shows the station type as being "WeatherLink Live" which is wrong.
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

Hi Mark,

My hardware is;

Davis 6242EU Vantage Vue together with the 6313EU console/display. Without a IP logger. All my data is uploaded to WeatherLink. I hope this will help.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
My hardware is;
Davis 6242EU Vantage Vue together with the 6313EU console/display. Without a IP logger. All my data is uploaded to WeatherLink. I hope this will help.
Ok, starting to make sense. You have the new 6313 console. With this style I think you need to select Davis Weatherlink Cloud (WLl.WLC) as station type in CumulusMX. Hopefully that will get you the pressure, but I don't have the 6313 so not sure what settings in the 6313 console you need to do on that. Does barometer show on your Weatherlink.com site?

p.s. too many "Weatherlinks" used by Davis for devices, programs, and the cloud, which can be confusing unless fully described.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

(cross posted with Paul!)

Ah! So you have the new WeatherLink Console (6313), it makes sense now.

I'm sorry, but the 6313 does not have local interface that allows weather programs to access its data - it may do in the future but for now there is nothing. So, unless you purchase additional hardware like a WeatherLink Live (6100) the only way MX can access your data is via weatherlink.com.

To do that, you need to the select the "Davis WeatherLink Cloud (WLL/WLC)" station type.

You then need to enter your API v2 details. If you only have one station registered to your wl.com account MX should automatically pick it and start using it.

But if you have more than one station, you need to enter the station id into the MX configuration. This station id is not visible anywhere on wl.com, so you have to run MX, it will list all the station ids and their names associated with your account. From there you can copy the required station id into the MX configuration.

Using wl.com you are of course limited to the data update rate that your station uses there rather than the "live" data directly from the physical station.
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

Hi,
Does barometer show on your Weatherlink.com site?
Yes it does.
Davis Weatherlink Cloud (WLl.WLC) as station type in CumulusMX
It's been set to Davis WeatherLink Cloud (WLL/WLC) and so far it doesn't display. Could it be that this information is coming directly from the console and not through my Vue?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I think you need to switch on debug and data logging (Station Options), restart MX, then post the latest MXdiags log file after MX has been running 5 minutes and I can take a look at what is happening.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Stigian wrote: Wed 03 Jan 2024 4:04 pm Could it be that this information is coming directly from the console and not through my Vue?
It will be coming from the WLC, your Vue has no logger in it you say so has no means of sending data to wl.com
Stigian

Post by Stigian »

Hi Mark,

Tomorrow I will recieve my WeatherLink Live (6100). We'll see how it goes then so I can pair directly with my Vue. thanks to all (Paul) so far.