Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Forecast: Fairly fine, showery late - anyway to remove this?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Adrianwx23
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Meteobridge

Forecast: Fairly fine, showery late - anyway to remove this?

Post by Adrianwx23 »

Hi guys, so i have the new Console 6313 and i am running a rasberry PI using my weatherlink live I tried changing the forecast from Cumulus to Davis but nothing happened. I am in Florida and would like to use the Davis forecast instead of this Fairly fine, showery later confusing text lol.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Forecast: Fairly fine, showery late - anyway to remove this?

Post by Mapantz »

The new Davis console gets it's forecast from a weather provider. There's no way (currently) to extract that from the API.

The Davis forecast option in Cumulus is for the original VP2 and the Vue console.
Adrianwx23

Post by Adrianwx23 »

Mapantz wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2024 7:45 pm The new Davis console gets it's forecast from a weather provider. There's no way (currently) to extract that from the API.

The Davis forecast option in Cumulus is for the original VP2 and the Vue console.
Well that sucks! I just want to use something more U.S. if that was possible.

Thanks for your help.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

To be honest, if it was available to use, I wouldn't put it on my own site. It's incredibly bad for my location!

For example, every time we have clear skies, it'll say it's overcast. When it IS overcast, it'll say clear. I don't think I have ever seen it correct for those two weather types.
Adrianwx23

Post by Adrianwx23 »

Mapantz wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2024 7:51 pm To be honest, if it was available to use, I wouldn't put it on my own site. It's incredibly bad for my location!

For example, every time we have clear skies, it'll say it's overcast. When it IS overcast, it'll say clear. I don't think I have ever seen it correct for those two weather types.

Fairly fine gibberish is just as bad. :roll:
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

I used to have a VP1 and now have Ecowitt and have used both Weather Display and CumulusMX and I have never used the forecasts generated by either station or software on my website which is a custom design.

This is why I invested in WXSim years ago which uses loads of external data from the web as well as data from your local station and is customised to your location by the author. The forecasts generated any other way are in my view a best guess where a forecast from WXSim is significantly better in my experience and that is what is used on my website I even have it to replace the forecast on the scrolling ticker on the gauges page. Of course none of us can create forecasts as good as the UKMO but then they have the advantage of super computers and almost real time data.

Stuart