Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Some trouble with new installation

From Cumulus MX version 3 build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since, and has recently released Cumulus MX version 4. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

michel7784
Weather Station: wmr 200
Operating System: xp sp3 32 bits

Some trouble with new installation

Post by michel7784 »

I tried to launch CumulusMX 4 on my dedicated Windows 10 weather pc following the explanations given: new clean version, recopy of files and folders ....etc ... I couldn't solve the problem of the lack of temperature, deliberately leaving it aside because the main problem was elsewhere. The site was no longer updated due to a mysterious change in login and passwords.
How do you explain the fact that cumulus.ini systematically transforms logins and passwords by replacing them with complex sequences that render them unusable both for FTP transfers and for updates to third-party istes WU, PWS, AWEKAS etc.? As An example: Password=EGs8mIB8Sg2mSkZVK9WmX3ZuN9enyBE5QCHH6i9zFfO5. This does not affect all IDs. I enclose two files extracted from MXdiags.

Actually running Cumulus MX 3.28.6 b3283 on diverse URL.
https://legheer.be powers AI2 version.

Let me know if I missed something or if I may hope to solve this question.
Best regards
Michel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Some trouble with new installation

Post by HansR »

michel7784 wrote: Fri 17 May 2024 7:48 am How do you explain the fact that cumulus.ini systematically transforms logins and passwords by replacing them with complex sequences that render them unusable both for FTP transfers and for updates to third-party istes WU, PWS, AWEKAS etc.?
CMX v4 does automatically encrypt all passwords in the inifile with a key it creates and stores in the file UniqueId.txt.
You are not supposed to do anything with that, the only requirement is that you only change passwords through the interface.

If you are having problems with un/pw of any kind the most likely the conversion did not go well.

As you are now running v3, I assume you have a mixup of v3 and v4. You cannot just go back to v3 with a converted Cumulus.ini.
You need to restore a full backup.

Check this post, pay attention to the 'What else is New/Changed' section.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Upgrade to CumulusMX V4 Build 4023 as 4022 had a problem with spike values which means your data is incomplete.

The passwords are hashed in order to provide security in the .ini file, but MX knows what they actually are so it should not affect the uploads, it only show you that when you look ate it with an editor. If you use the Dashboard and click on the Password field it translates.

Could you update your profile please as it is way out of date as you are actually running W10 and a Davis WS not Windows XP and a WMR200!!
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If you think the passwords have been altered, then just restore a copy of Cumulus.ini that you used with V3. On first run v4 will then encrypt the passwords again.

Do not alter passwords by editing the Cumulus.ini yourself.