Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Conditions at local time not updating

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

malex
Weather Station: WH1090
Operating System: Windows XP & Snow leopard

Conditions at local time not updating

Post by malex »

Wonder if anyone could point out what is probably very obvious for me. I recently added a web page counter to my weather page. In the process I think I may have corrupted the index.htm file. My site is still updating current weather conditions and appears to be working correctly, unfortunately the "Conditions at Local time" line is not updating with current time and date. I have compared the index.htm file against backup copies which I took before making the changes but cannot see the source of the problem. Am sure this is obvious to the more experienced,but would appreciate any assistance. I have now removed the web counter in case this was causing the problem.
Thanks

site address
bishopton.localweatherview.com
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Conditions at local time not updating

Post by daj »

Can you upload your indexT.htm from the Cumulus 'web' folder on your PC. I'm guessing there is a problem with a webtag in that file
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
malex

Post by malex »

Hi Dave
I have added the IndexT file as an attachment had to copy it into a text file as forum would not allow me to upload the html file it identified it as a "possible attack vector". Hope this is adequate. Have had a look myself and I am guessing the problem is somewhere around the "Page updated <#update><br />" line but not really sure why?
Thanks
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daj

Post by daj »

Hmm..are you sure this is the correct file?

There is certainly no code in there to facilitate a web counter.

That aside, the section we would be interested in is

Code: Select all

<caption>Conditions at local time <#time></caption>
It 'looks' fine, but I really need to see it in a true text format. Can you paste it into notepad rather than Wordpad (which saves it in an RTF format, and may have corrected the problem. What we are looking to ensure is that the < and > around #time are real symbols and not faked ones. Some editors can modifies this. However it would expect the web page to show <#time> rather than an actual time.

(rather than attach the whole file, just paste the section we are interested in onto this message)
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I had a quick look at the file and there's no 'realtime' link as there is on the web site, so you're right, that's not the file that being used.

Zipping is probably the best way to get around the forum file restrictions.
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

Mark

Something else is wrong :o

I've just checked the file dates of other files on your server -- they are dated 15 January so Cumulus is not uploading all the necessary files. Something is wrong with your setup. Can we see screen shots of your Configuration, Internet page (Site and files tabs)

thanks
David
kippfordweather.uk
malex

Re: Conditions at local time not updating FIXED!

Post by malex »

Mornin All.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my requests for help. I think I have solved the problem. The "Include standard files" check box on the internet settings files tab in cumulus was not ticked. I have now done this and the site is updating as it should. Unfortunately the realtime gauges which were up and running, have now disappeared / been overwritten so I guess I must have had the information for the realtime gauges in the wrong files. Will have another crack at this when I get back from offshore next time.
Am Slowly learning.
Thanks again for the help.
Mark