Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Graphs flat lining

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bluebeard
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Graphs flat lining

Post by bluebeard »

Between shut down and restart, after the download data and upload by ftp to my server, my graphs show a flat line for the period of shutdown?
http://www.lincs2locations.co.uk/weather

Crepuscular rays shine through everytime.................
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Graphs flat lining

Post by steve »

You mean the period before 1600 yesterday? When did you shut down and when did you restart?

Steve
bluebeard

Post by bluebeard »

I usually shut down late evening and restart and gather the overnight data at around 0900. I then shutdown and reload late afternoon say 1600. The periods of flat/straight line seem to be matching these sorts of periods.

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

So the overnight startup appears to have the data, but the flat line is between 0900 and 1600?

The graphs are drawn at startup from the data in the monthly log files - currently Dec08log.txt - have a look to see if you have any gaps in there.

Steve
bluebeard

Post by bluebeard »

Everything seems to be in the log. I have noticed one or two other users with the same sort of thing for periods of time in their graphs also. One of those things I suppose :)

mcpaton

Post by mcpaton »

Hi

I only installed yesterday when I got my first weather station. I unplugged the unit, but left Cumulus running, then a few hours later, plugged the weather station back in. Cumulus didnt seem to see the unit, so I closed down Cumulus, getting an error in the process. I reloaded with the weather station plugged in, then uploaded to the website, and had a flat line since the time I unplugged the unit.

Is this because I left Cumulus running? If I had closed the program before disconnecting the unit, then connected the unit later before starting Cumulus again, would I have kept the data on the unit's memory?

I have a X7026 unit, which seems to be a rebadged MyDEL WX2008 MK 2, and I am running Windows Vista. You can view my weather station page here: http://www.patoncreative.com.au/weather

Thanks in advance
Weather Station: X7062 (Rebadged MyDEL WX2008 MK 2). http://www.users.on.net/~mpaton/weather/
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

mcpaton wrote:Is this because I left Cumulus running? If I had closed the program before disconnecting the unit, then connected the unit later before starting Cumulus again, would I have kept the data on the unit's memory?
Basically, yes. I'm not sure what Cumulus 'sees' when you unplug the station, but it will just carry on storing and plotting the last data that it read. As it thinks it already has data for that period, it won't try to download the correct data from the station when it next starts.

Steve
xAPPO

Post by xAPPO »

I've been leaving Cumulus running 24/7 for a few days now and just looked at the data and the weekend is all flat lined and no current data is being displayed. So I stopped Cumulus and restarted , kinda expecting it might download the bits it had missed from the (Maplin) station - but it hasn't... It started to lose data exactly at midnight on 5th Dec . Is this period of data lost or can I force a recovery from the station data somehow. (eg by deleting the period of it recording constant last values from the database).

Any idea why it might have stopped (the program itself is still running fine - (but it did error on exit - too fast to read the dialog) ?

K
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

As in my previous response, it won't download the missing data because it doesn't realise that it missed it. To get it to do it, you would need to set your data files back to the state they would have been in at the time it started missing the data - not an easy task if you don't have a backup. I am about to upload a version which takes backups of the relevant data files to make this process a bit easier.

I don't know why it would have stopped reading data, it presumably lost contact with the station - or it may have been getting faulty readings and discarded the data.

Steve
bluebeard

Post by bluebeard »

Is there anyway to graph windchill somewhere in the present graphs please anyone?

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

bluebeard wrote:Is there anyway to graph windchill somewhere in the present graphs please anyone?
Not within Cumulus. Other solutions probably exist.

Steve