Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Discussion related to Oregon Scientific weather stations...

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Discussion related to Oregon Scientific weather stations...

Post by steve »

Yes, that's right, when/if I support the WMR-200, it should also work for the WMR-100.

Steve
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

Hi All,

I noticed recently that when the wind dies down to 0, the wind direction goes to 0 deg. North - irrespective of the actual heading of my wind vane.

Is this by accident or on purpose? At first I thought the batteries had run down on the station, but I then noticed that the console displayed a non-zero wind direction.

I also had a case where my wind speed unit froze due to a freezing rain. This persisted for a few days. During this entire time the wind direction indicated zero degrees north.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's intentional. I am told by professional meteorologists that 360 should be used for north and zero should be used when there is no wind.

Steve
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

OK. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.
barrytla

Post by barrytla »

Let me add to the votes for support of up to 3 extra channels of sensors. I've only recently connected my Oregon Scientific WMR-928 and am evaluating the PC software choices.

Cumulus certainly has it on everyone else for simplicity and design. If it supported the extra channels (which I will use to view and log conditions in 3 different parts of my house) the choice would be Cumulus hands down.

I'll check back before my evaluation period of VWS runs out.

Thanks for this great software!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It would be quite easy to read the extra sensor data, but where to display it? I now have the space I have made for the Davis solar sensors, but as I understand it, each extra sensor gives Temp/Humidity/Dewpoint? So that's up to nine new items to find room for. Three wouldn't be a problem, as that's how many boxes the solar sensors use. So where to put the data? I could display data from one sensor, then when you click on something, change to the next sensor? Or have it rotate automatically every few seconds?

It would just be displaying the data, to begin with anyway, no logging or max/min etc.

Steve
qwert007

Post by qwert007 »

I just found out about this software and it looks very cool. I own a Oregon Scientific WMR100. Add me to the list of people who would be very interested in this software if you are able to get it to work on the WMR100! Keep up the good work!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Sadly, only 'elite' software developers are allowed to have the WMR100 and 200 protocol from Oregon Scientific, others get ignored, it seems. But there is a bit of unofficial documentation available, so I may be able to do this eventually.

Steve
skyewright
Weather Station: WMR200+928>RFXCOM>Meteohub

Post by skyewright »

steve wrote:Sadly, only 'elite' software developers are allowed to have the WMR100 and 200 protocol from Oregon Scientific, others get ignored, it seems. But there is a bit of unofficial documentation available, so I may be able to do this eventually.
If you implemented the Meteohub logging protocol Cumulus users would have a route to data from all the weather station types supported by Meteohub, which happens to include the WMR100 and WMR200.

For users who chose to follow that route there would be the additional expense of buying Meteohub, but...

Just a thought... ;)

PS. Meteohub can now be run in a VMWare virtual machine, so additional hardware isn't necessarily needed.
Regards
David

skyewright

Post by skyewright »

steve wrote:but as I understand it, each extra sensor gives Temp/Humidity/Dewpoint?
Isn't the Dewpoint just interpolated data? I don't think that either WD or WSWIN try to store dewpoint data for 'extra' sensors?
steve wrote:So that's up to nine new items to find room for.
Even without dewpoint it's potentially even more than nine if the current OS range becomes a possibility - since the WMR100 & 200 are "10 channel". Who's to say what might come next, so something flexible is probably best. The "rotation" idea you mentioned is how OS themselves handle the problem on their consoles (with a choice of click to advance or automatic cycling modes).
Regards
David

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

skyewright wrote:Isn't the Dewpoint just interpolated data? I don't think that either WD or WSWIN try to store dewpoint data for 'extra' sensors?
Not sure what you mean by 'interpolated' - calculated from the other two? Yes. It's just displaying it that's the issue, I wouldn't be trying to store it in this version.
steve wrote:Even without dewpoint it's potentially even more than nine if the current OS range becomes a possibility - since the WMR100 & 200 are "10 channel". Who's to say what might come next, so something flexible is probably best. The "rotation" idea you mentioned is how OS themselves handle the problem on their consoles (with a choice of click to advance or automatic cycling modes).
Well, yes, but I was looking for a quick fix for this version :). How many extra sensors can the 928 have - three?

Steve
skyewright

Post by skyewright »

steve wrote:Not sure what you mean by 'interpolated' - calculated from the other two?
Yes, that's what I meant.
I should have written 'derived' rather than 'interploated'.
steve wrote:Well, yes, but I was looking for a quick fix for this version :). How many extra sensors can the 928 have - three?
Yes, three.

PS. You probably realise, but some extra sensors (e.g. TCH238) are 'temp only', so the absense of humidity (and dewpoint) is a legitimate possibility. On the 928 console, the humidity is just shown as -- for a 'temp only' sensor.
Regards
David

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

skyewright wrote:PS. You probably realise, but some extra sensors (e.g. TCH238) are 'temp only', so the absense of humidity (and dewpoint) is a legitimate possibility. On the 928 console, the humidity is just shown as -- for a 'temp only' sensor.
No, I didn't know that :)

I never had any extra sensors for my WMR-928. I think maybe I'll just put something simple in this version that assumes up to three extra sensors and rotates the display of each sensor every N seconds...

Steve
TgT
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar
Operating System: A20 TV box + CumulusMX

Post by TgT »

I am also looking forward to this. As there is nice place for 3 extra sensors where DavisVP2 has its solar things now 8-)
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've attempted to display the extra sensor data in this new build:

http://www.nybbles.co.uk/downloads/beta ... sSetup.exe

It rotates the display of each channel every 10 seconds. That's the theory, anyway.

Steve