Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help for a newbie

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
stevethornley
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081
Operating System: Windows XP/Windows Home Server

Help for a newbie

Post by stevethornley »

Firstly, thanks to this community for the wealth of useful information. I've had a simple Oregon unit for at least ten years and, when the temperature sensor unit finally gave up the ghost, I thought I'd look around at what was available now. Budget wouldn't stretch to a 'pro-unit' so I thought I'd go for the Maplin kit today at £50 (only a little more than a new Oregon temperature unit was going to cost me!) and be sensible with the placing of sensors and see what happens.

I am very much looking forward to using Cumulus and would dearly love to have all the data uploaded automatically to a website. I use Windows Home Server, see no problem with connecting the display unit to the server via USB, and it seems that others are doing this already successfully. Only I cannot find a succinct thread which does a complete step-through of how to do this. I've never installed 'other' software on my WHS and it seems like I need to tread carefully otherwise I'll bugger everything up!

Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction and thanks again for 'being there'.

Happy weather watching to you all.

Steve