Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SteelSeries 'UpGRADE' (from Scratch) or UpDATE..???

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

avoorpool
Weather Station: WMR200A
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

SteelSeries 'UpGRADE' (from Scratch) or UpDATE..???

Post by avoorpool »

Hi Mark,

From the beginning I've enjoyed the display of the SS Gauges.
After some initial start-up problems (I had/have no experience whatsoever with HTML or PHP) I managed to have the page with SS Gauges up and running (now since several months).
My quation is:
Do I have to go AGAIN through the entire process, installing the V2.0.2 or is there a way to see this as an UPDATE to the existing version??
e.g Can I use 'DiffMerge' to meet the differences in both versions???
Not looking forward to 'challenge' the process once again, having V1.6.6 running flawlessly... ;)

Please explain,

Thanks,

Arthur
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: SteelSeries 'UpGRADE' (from Scratch) or UpDATE..???

Post by mcrossley »

Without knowing exactly what you had to do first time round it is impossible to say.

What I would suggest is that you create a new TEST page for version 2 of the gauges and try and get that working with the new scripts and work out what needs to be changed. I can support the released code, and try and help out where people are adapting it, but I can't help with everything.

The code is structured quite differently in version 2 so I expect a diff will be quite 'large', I start again, noting what you change in case you need it again in the future.