The new version of Cumulus, called “Cumulus MX”, is in beta test. This is a cross-platform version of Cumulus which runs on Windows, Linux (e.g. Raspberry Pi), and Mac OS X. See the forum for more information, and to join the beta test.
The latest build of Cumulus 1.9.4 is 1099. See this thread in the forum for the the changes since the original release.
The latest build of Cumulus 1.9.4 is 1098. See this thread in the forum for the the changes since the original release.
The latest build of Cumulus 1.9.4 is 1096. See this thread in the forum for the the changes since the original release.
Cumulus version 1.9.4 has been released, and is available on the downloads page.
Please read the announcement in the forum before installing.
Cumulus version 1.9.3 has been released, and is available on the downloads page. Please read the announcement in the forum before installing it.
The final build of Cumulus version 1.9.2 was released on March 20th 2012, see the downloads page.
Please see the support forum for announcements of beta builds of version 1.9.3.
Cumulus 1.9.2 has now been released and is available from the downloads page.
Cumulus version 1.9.1 is now available from the downloads page.
Changes from 1.9.0:
- Added ‘apparent temperature’ and web tag <#apptemp>
- Added humidity high and low, and corresponding web tags
- Wunderground uploads ‘catch up’ from logger data
- Allow chart line width to be configured
- Allow individual temperature chart lines to be shown/hidden
- Optional gradient background for charts
- Fix evapotranspiration recording (Davis)
- Calculate hours of sunshine (Davis)
- Added high rain rate to “this month/year/period” display
- Added rain to xAP reports
- Option to round wind speeds to nearest integer
- Option to disconnect Davis IP connections once a minute
- Select-A-Graph colours saved over a restart
- Option to show/hide humidity chart lines
- Don’t initialise USB for non-USB stations
- Wind rose transparency is configurable
- New wind gauge
- New spike removal facility
- Moved realtime FTP into separate thread
- Compass colours now configurable
- New all time record for apparent temp and heat index, plus webtags
- New all time record display and editor
- Add sunshine hours to this month/year/period displays
- Start of rainfall season can be specified
- New ‘highs and lows’ displays, and corresponding web tags
- Support of WH3080 and WH3081 stations
- ‘Format’ parameters for date and time web tags
- Run external commands at ftp time
- Maintain highs and lows for dew point
- Moon percent web tags
- Solar Radiation, UV, and Apparent temp added to Select-A-Graph
- New editors for highs and lows with re-generation from log files
- web tags for all-time records indicators
- ‘Lowest max’ and ‘Highest min’ temps now include times
- Many other enhancements and fixes
Cumulus version 1.9.0 is now available from the downloads page.
Changes from 1.8.9:
- new webtags – timehhmmss and currentwdir
- add cloudbase and average wind direction (compass) to realtime.txt
- changed to ‘new’ Twitter authentication method (OAuth)
- added latitude and longitude to tweets
- fix date problem with monthly rain record when using 9am rollover
- APRS and wxnow.txt: Represent 0% RH by 1% (zero means 100)
- bug fix: don’t use entries more than once when reading FO archive data
- use Cumulus calculated wind speed for wind chill calculation, if that option is selected
- send wind to Wunderground with 1 dp for non-Davis stations
- new web tag – <#newrecord> – 1 if ‘new record’ light is flashing, 0 if not
- Write UV and Solar Rad to monthly log files
- Make sure to send decimal degrees to Wunderground when temp goes above 100F
- Don’t log WU and PWS Weather passwords to debug log
- Option to have forecast updated only once per hour
- [ER 12] Added <#LastRainTipISO> web tag – date/time of last rain gauge tip
- Use an improved Heat Index formula which is valid below humidity of 40%
- Log failed dayfile.txt entry to diags log and flash error light
- Correct Degrees to DMS calculation for some cases
- Fix Twitter timestamp bug which caused ‘401’ failures
- Fix problem in southern hemisphere in previous Twitter fix